A Musical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Musical

Better start planning that vacation early this year,pals ! I know I just pulled 5 large out of my CD for this event ! Only hope that Peter Wood will consent to sit next to me...My only problem is whether to wear the brown suit or the pinstripe Mafia-type suit my friend Rocco gave me as a gift,when he was "made" by the local la cosa nostra........decisions,decisions.... Isn't it great how our tax dollars get spent by the NEA ? I had hoped for a remake of the Broadway play, GUYS AND DOLLS, starring Jeff Dahmer and Herb Baumeister,renamed GUYS AND ....GUYS. Oh well....this is better than nothing I suppose.

MIAMI - Are you ready for Cunanan the Musical?
    A Southern California Playhouse has received a $35,000 grant from the National Endowment of the Arts to stage a production about the gay serial killer who murdered Gianni Versace in Miami Beach in 1997.

The news has some gay groups steaming.

Andrew "Cunanan was sick, and do you celebrate that? People's lives were gone, and do you celebrate that?" asked Bill Peters of the Gay and Lesbian Community Center in Fort Lauderdale.

The La Jolla Playhouse piece, "Disposable," is "loosely based" on Cunanan's life, said director Shirley Fishman, who said she hopes the work will be as significant as "Laramie Project," a play about the murder of gay student Matthew Shepard in Wyoming.

The comparison to Shepard further infuriated gays, who said Shepard was a victim, not a killer like Cunanan.-----------------This was extracted from www.crimeweb.com
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com
Working...
X