Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D. Stashower, "American Demon: Eliot Ness and the Hunt for America’s Jack the Ripper"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D. Stashower, "American Demon: Eliot Ness and the Hunt for America’s Jack the Ripper"

The New York Times reviews this new book here:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/06/b...stashower.html

Stashower wrote a book about the murder of Mary Rogers (Edgar Allan Poe's Marie Rogêt) which I thought was very good.

Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
    The New York Times reviews this new book here:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/06/b...stashower.html

Stashower wrote a book about the murder of Mary Rogers (Edgar Allan Poe's Marie Rogêt) which I thought was very good.
    He also wrote one of the top 2 Conan Doyle biographies imo Chris. His true crime book The Beautiful Cigar Girl is also very good.
    Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Banks View Post

He also wrote one of the top 2 Conan Doyle biographies imo Chris. His true crime book The Beautiful Cigar Girl is also very good.
      Yes - The Beautiful Cigar Girl was the one about Mary Rogers. I didn't know he had written a biography of Conan Doyle, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post

Yes - The Beautiful Cigar Girl was the one about Mary Rogers. I didn't know he had written a biography of Conan Doyle, though.
        Yes it’s a good one. Teller Of Tales. I just checked his bibliography and it reminded me that I’d also read The Hour Of Peril: The Secret Plot To Murder Lincoln Before The Civil War which is another excellent one.
        Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Working...
        X