Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Forgot to say, Anna.....you may be right about the Chinese guy being a scapegoat.

I've always had my doubts about a pross and Chinese man hooking up in that way. The two races didn't have much social, much less sexual, intercourse back then.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    I know about a number of these massacres and cannot name one which was the result of actual criminal acts by Chinese.
    -Anna-

The necktie party in L.A. ( 1871) started when a pale male ( Robert Thompson) was shot to death by a Chinese fellow.

https://www.laweekly.com/how-los-ang...of-17-chinese/

The violence at Rock Springs, Tacoma, and other spots wasn't a direct result of Chinese aggression towards the Whites but rather their willingness to work for lower wages than Whites ( The greedy White capitalist pigs were all too happy about that).

Leave a comment:

• Anna Morris
    replied
    My guess on the original Montana story, if it is true, is the woman was not killed by a Chinese man. There were a number of Chinese massacres here in the west and mass lynchings or massacres of Chinese always made for good entertainment in those wild towns. (Including very early Los Angeles.) I know about a number of these massacres and cannot name one which was the result of actual criminal acts by Chinese.

Leave a comment:

• Anna Morris
    replied
    Wow! That is a mixed up story!

(For what it's worth, Lizzie Borden's maid, Bridget Sullivan, eventually settled in Montana. There were a lot of Irish in some mining districts. I have looked at JtR coverage in those papers, hoping someone would have said they were related to MJK but never found any personal comments like that.)

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Anna:

Dig this :

https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread...helena+montana

I also think its suspicious that the woman's first name was mentioned as 'Helena'.
    As you know, Helena is the capital of Montana.

Leave a comment:

• Anna Morris
    started a topic JtR in Montana

JtR in Montana

From a Welsh paper, 11 April, 1890.

This is near my area of the U.S.
    Attached Files
Working...
X