**Another Broad Shouldered Man**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Another Broad Shouldered Man**

Try as I might, I cannot recall reading this account...and am wondering if anyone else has.
    Buried as I am in the papers every day...I still don't remember Sgt. Godley being mentioned in an arrest around this time, nor Richard Sparkes or his firm.

If someone has read this in another newspaper, please let me know. Thank you.
    The Gazette is a pretty good paper....

North Eastern Daily Gazette
    October 9th, 1888

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Hi Howard

I remembered having read this story in the Stewart Evans book The Lodger. It's from the Daily Telegraph on the same date but the article you found has extra details, names etc.
    Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

Thanks ST !
      You're right...the Daily Telegraph didn't mention this Richard Sparkes or Godley.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Hi Howard. I don't recognize this tale either. But it sure does sound similar to the Mrs. Kerr of Batty Street incident. In that case, some papers reported that two detectives were camped out at her place, though this was subsequently denied. That report may in fact have been confused with THIS incident, where two detectives were camped out due to the delivery of a blood-stained garment. Makes a lot of sense.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
        X