Clear All

Ginger and Stretch? Priceless!

Thanks, Anna
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
    (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
      ...what I am about to ask does not really belong here but I will keep it short.

I have never really been in much of a discussion about Joseph [Fleming] but everyone believes he was something like seven feet tall. That is so extreme I would think he would have been remembered by everyone who saw him. Therefore if he was Mary Kellyś lover I would think they would have been remembered as a couple but nothing has ever come out about that.
      It does belong here, and not only because a simple excavation would reveal if this was the grave of a Victorian "giant".

If this is the wrong Joseph Fleming, then a scientific test would prove nothing. Then again, if this is indeed the Joseph Fleming whose mother was Henrietta, then this is the one that Chris Scott found and this one has relatives that are familial DNA matches to MJW's great granddaughter. The test could not only prove the identity of MJK but of JF too because it would stand to reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Ginger and Stretch? Priceless!

Thanks, Anna
        Don you think folks in the East End could have thought up something better? Seriously?
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
          It does belong here, and not only because a simple excavation would reveal if this was the grave of a Victorian "giant".

If this is the wrong Joseph Fleming, then a scientific test would prove nothing. Then again, if this is indeed the Joseph Fleming whose mother was Henrietta, then this is the one that Chris Scott found and this one has relatives that are familial DNA matches to MJW's great granddaughter. The test could not only prove the identity of MJK but of JF too because it would stand to reason.
          San Fran: Here´s a thought that is probably worth about nothing. There is a video on youtube I did not watch because I am tired of people claiming giants once roamed the earth, the Denisovans were giants who made jade bracelets with high speed drills and the western USA was populated with red haired giants that ate Indians if they could catch them. Then there are the graphics of a human skull supposedly freshly dug out of the ground, that is far bigger than the man standing next to it who supposedly dug it up! Giants? Yeeeech!

HOWEVER, I think this one video might be medical in nature. It is about a genetic trait once found in Ireland, like in the 1800s, that produced very tall people. These genes were in a clan or a district or something.

Maybe Joe´s height was recorded wrong in the first place. Maybe a lot of things. But for what it´s worth, since you dig into the genetic angle, maybe there could be something in the Irish DNA that could link back to Flemming. Or not. Probably not. I suppose a youtube search using terms, Ireland giants, might cough up the relevant video.
          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

It’s funny because I cut my teeth on giants!

I’m coming full circle!

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post

But you seem to have been talking about that link for a long time, San. If the DNA satisfies you that there is a link and solves the question of the identity of MJK then why not write a book or article detailing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
                If the DNA satisfies you that there is a link and solves the question of the identity of MJK then why not write a book or article detailing it?
                Good idea, Debra. I could call it the Sickert Code!

Watch out, Dan Brown!

PS Actually, I have a Dan Brown treatment already. It doesn’t make much sense but I had to try. As for a true story, JF can’t compete with JC or PAV. Unless he’s a real giant.

Comment

To Join JTR Forums :
                  Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

If a distant cousin match isn't enough for some, a "first cousin" match or 7-14% shared DNA between Joseph Fleming and our resident cousin on the MJW side will prove that he was her great grandfather. The rest is straight forward.

And Joseph Fleming is there to be found - all "6 ft 7 in" of him!

Comment

Working...
                    X