Mystery of Ripper 'solved'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Hancock

I have to admit I groaned when I saw the non-existent case against a certain one eared Dutch painter mentioned in this piece.
    They're like poison, these crazy theories
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
      I have to admit I groaned when I saw the non-existent case against a certain one eared Dutch painter mentioned in this piece.
      They're like poison, these crazy theories
      I get the impression that Mr Hancock's theory is also based on something he noticed in a photograph?

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
        I get the impression that Mr Hancock's theory is also based on something he noticed in a photograph?
        “All I’ll confirm is it was one of the 2-300 suspects the police looked at,” he says. “Everyone I’ve discussed this with is convinced I’m right. In the end, a picture gives the game away. Then it came down to a simple case of maths. I showed the evidence to a statistician and he said the odds of me being wrong were almost incalculable..”

Of course "picture" could mean a number of things. Picture of a suspect? Picture of a victim? Picture of a crime scene? Or even a photograph of one of the Ripper letters? The latter of course implying that Mr Hancock has done some comparing of handwriting in the letters and a suspect's handwriting, or asked that a handwriting "expert" do so.

All the best

Chris
        Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
        https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
        Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

PIcture me in a wig? Picture me without the red Tie?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris G. View Post
            “All I’ll confirm is it was one of the 2-300 suspects the police looked at,” he says. “Everyone I’ve discussed this with is convinced I’m right. In the end, a picture gives the game away. Then it came down to a simple case of maths. I showed the evidence to a statistician and he said the odds of me being wrong were almost incalculable..”

Of course "picture" could mean a number of things. Picture of a suspect? Picture of a victim? Picture of a crime scene? Or even a photograph of one of the Ripper letters? The latter of course implying that Mr Hancock has done some comparing of handwriting in the letters and a suspect's handwriting, or asked that a handwriting "expert" do so.

All the best

Chris
            I might end up snoring through it then if it's handwriting related. Colin McDonald showed me something about the value of handwriting comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
              I'm going to try and get there if I can, mainly because it is also in aid of a very good cause...and I'm curious.
              It's rubbish to say no one wants it solved. Plenty of people feel it is already solved but there is no definite proof for any one proposed suspect and no consensus and probably never will be.
              If you can get the hold of him ask him to come on here.

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                If you can get the hold of him ask him to come on here.
                I think he may have been here already?

Comment

Hi Phil

With respect, in my 20 years of involvement in Ripperology I have never seen one scintilla of evidence that any person or group of people in the field do not want the case solved -- although the statement keeps getting made.

It's a myth like fog, the cape, and the top hat.

Best regards

Chris
                  Hi Chris,
                  agreed, mainly it is siad by those with stupid theories

Jenni
                  "be just and fear not"

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer Shelden View Post
                    Hi Chris,
                    agreed, mainly it is siad by those with stupid theories

Jenni
                    " There are many unsolved murders in London but the Jack the Ripper Crimes are not within that catigory" Sir Robert Anderon

Comment

I'll bet he names the gasfitter, Henry DeFries of Middlesex Street.

Comment

“All I’ll confirm is it was one of the 2-300 suspects the police looked at,” he says. “Everyone I’ve discussed this with is convinced I’m right. ....
                        Must be avoiding the internet then...

Regards, Jon S.
                        "
                        The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
                        " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
                        Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

Debs:

If he saw it in a photo, then by Jove the game's afoot !
                          I don't recall him being a Forums member...
                          To Join JTR Forums :
                          Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                            Debs:

If he saw it in a photo, then by Jove the game's afoot !
                            I don't recall him being a Forums member...
                            How,
                            I'm really hoping it isn't anything to do with something he thinks he's spotted in the MJK crime scene photograph that relates to his suspect.
                            I just thought he might have been here as a guest.

Comment

There is an information sheet about Mr Hancock, including his Ripper presentation, and also contact details
                              at
                              http://www.sheffieldhelpyourself.org...sp?group=26440

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
                                There is an information sheet about Mr Hancock, including his Ripper presentation, and also contact details
                                at
                                http://www.sheffieldhelpyourself.org...sp?group=26440
                                "The Jack the Ripper presentation takes about 2.5 hours and is the culmination of a 4 year study into the Whitechapel murders of 1888. It concludes with the killer being revealed. This talk can be delivered in one event with a break in the middle, or two events of 1.25 hours each."

The fact sheet is dated July 11 ("Record last Amended 11/07/2013") and would seem to indicate that Mr Hancock has been giving his Ripper talk for some time, and revealing the name of the killer. It would thus appear to me that a lot of people must already know who his suspect is. The disclosure isn't new, in other words -- presuming that the suspect whom he has named in previous talks is the same as the one he will reveal on September 6 as per the story in the The Star.

My other observation is that a talk of 2.5 hours is very long. When I give a talk it's generally for 45 minutes or less with some questions and answers to follow. It might appear to me that a talk of over two hours long is testing the patience and resilience of an audience!

Best regards

Chris
                                Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                                https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                                Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Working...
                                X