Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Royal Conspiracy Is Alive & Well.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
    San Fran: I came across a Dutch name of van Maren. I assume the "van" connotes a level of nobility. I mention this here because I do believe the one Morgenstern brother was named Maran.

I once researched the name Maran out of curiosity and never could find an origin for it. It was the name of the father of Marie du Plessis (La Dame aux Camelias). He was thought to have some gypsy background and as I recall the family was from Normandy.

Anyway I wonder if Morgenstern got the name from a van Maren in the family background.
    Name: Marijn Antonius Morgenstern
    Birth Date: 22 feb 1854
    Birth Place: Alphen en Riel
    Death Place: Groot-Brittanie
    Father: Petrus Morgenstern
    Mother: Anna Cornelia van der Minne

http://www.babynames.ch/Info/Name/naMarijn
    Name info:
    About the name Marijn in particular

Languages of use: Dutch
    US 2015 rank: not in the Top 1000; other popularity lists see below
    Similarly written: Marian, Marian, Marija, Marijan, Marijo, Marin, Marin, Marion, Marion, Martijn

Group info:
    About Marin/Marina, the group of names with the same origin as Marijn

Meaning/translation: of the sea
    Language of origin: Latin
    Info about origin, male: from a Roman cognomen Marinus, either derived from the given name Marius or from the word marinus (of the sea)
    name of several saints; the little European republic San Marino is named after one of them
    Words: marinus = of the sea Latin
    Topics: Geographic name, Roman nickname
    Variants' top ranks: 7:Marine France 1997, 10:Marina Croatia 2011, 23:Maren Norway 1997, 87:Marijn Netherlands 2008, 282:Marin France 2002, 611:Marino Switzerland 1997, 834:Marin USA 2004
    Somehow related to: Marius
    Name variants: Mareen, Maren, Marene, Marin, Marina, Marine, Marinella, Marijn, Marin, Marino, Marinus Sortable list Details
    Popularity:
    Popularity lists that contain the name Marijn

Series Graph Rankings
    Netherlands 2008 87

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
      Name: Marijn Antonius Morgenstern
      Birth Date: 22 feb 1854
      Birth Place: Alphen en Riel
      Death Place: Groot-Brittanie
      Father: Petrus Morgenstern
      Mother: Anna Cornelia van der Minne

http://www.babynames.ch/Info/Name/naMarijn
      Name info:
      About the name Marijn in particular

Languages of use: Dutch
      US 2015 rank: not in the Top 1000; other popularity lists see below
      Similarly written: Marian, Marian, Marija, Marijan, Marijo, Marin, Marin, Marion, Marion, Martijn

Group info:
      About Marin/Marina, the group of names with the same origin as Marijn

Meaning/translation: of the sea
      Language of origin: Latin
      Info about origin, male: from a Roman cognomen Marinus, either derived from the given name Marius or from the word marinus (of the sea)
      name of several saints; the little European republic San Marino is named after one of them
      Words: marinus = of the sea Latin
      Topics: Geographic name, Roman nickname
      Variants' top ranks: 7:Marine France 1997, 10:Marina Croatia 2011, 23:Maren Norway 1997, 87:Marijn Netherlands 2008, 282:Marin France 2002, 611:Marino Switzerland 1997, 834:Marin USA 2004
      Somehow related to: Marius
      Name variants: Mareen, Maren, Marene, Marin, Marina, Marine, Marinella, Marijn, Marin, Marino, Marinus Sortable list Details
      Popularity:
      Popularity lists that contain the name Marijn

Series Graph Rankings
      Netherlands 2008 87
      Thanks for the information. Very interesting.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran
        The airs, the impression, dominant personality, no other obvious reason for 'imperious' or impressive manner, finding her 'niche kingdom', her 'court', lording it among immigrants and the impoverished, although top grunts can do that too, while likely catering to the monied classes in the Home of the Docks, talking about probably Carnarvon with it's castle/palace (maybe not romantic but certainly royal). Isn't that historical context?

It makes more sense to me now that she was of blueblood descent or thought she was. This is true even if she wasn't MJW. I don't know why all the huff, do you?
        Like you say, it's something to prove or disprove.

Blueblood gets diluted pretty fast. I married a man whose grandfather had a title. That's all I'm going to say about that. I am related to the Russian Imperial Family but I don't know how the large Jewish branch fits into that. Probably not too good.

The royal angle with MJK I would think would turn on if she knew it, if it influenced her background through training or education and if so, did it affect her life in London?
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

I thought it was Andorians that had blue blood.

Comment

All Andorians.
            Not unless they're hiding their antennae!

Anna,

Admit it. Anna is short for Anastasia!

Mary Jane Kelly will always be known as England's WOMAN IN THE IRON MASK!!!

https://www.maryjanekelly.com/
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X