Timothy Donovan, wot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy Donovan, wot?

A cursory search here offers me no clue (please excuse me if Iíve overlooked it); but did Donald Rumbelow ever offer us more than his statement in SCOTLAND YARD INVESTIGATES that he favored Donovan as suspect? Why does he favor him? Has his theory held up or has Donovan been safely eliminated?
    Again - thanks All - for your patience and kind input. In advance.

Originally posted by Patrick Kelley View Post
    A cursory search here offers me no clue (please excuse me if I’ve overlooked it); but did Donald Rumbelow ever offer us more than his statement in SCOTLAND YARD INVESTIGATES that he favored Donovan as suspect? Why does he favor him? Has his theory held up or has Donovan been safely eliminated?
    Again - thanks All - for your patience and kind input. In advance.
    I don't really know for sure but perhaps Donald Rumbelow felt that MJK's murder was not part of the series and so his Timothy Donovan of Russell Court, dying before Nov 88, fitted well.
    I did find a Timothy Donovan living at 35 Dorset St in 1888, but not the same Timothy Donovan as Donald Rumbelow picked out. This one died in 1895. Rob Clack mentioned this to Donald Rumbelow and he wrote me a message in his book about blowing his theory out of the water but tbh, I never understood that viewpoint. I didn't think that TD perhaps not dying before MJK's murder altered his candidacy at all.

Comment

Thank you, Debra

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
      I don't really know for sure but perhaps Donald Rumbelow felt that MJK's murder was not part of the series and so his Timothy Donovan of Russell Court, dying before Nov 88, fitted well.
      I did find a Timothy Donovan living at 35 Dorset St in 1888, but not the same Timothy Donovan as Donald Rumbelow picked out. This one died in 1895. Rob Clack mentioned this to Donald Rumbelow and he wrote me a message in his book about blowing his theory out of the water but tbh, I never understood that viewpoint. I didn't think that TD perhaps not dying before MJK's murder altered his candidacy at all.
      TD seemed an odd choice to me and I wondered what Iíd missed!
      Iím torn between several suspects, myself - and I canít get Maybrickís watch out of my mind. But I always kind of favored either James Kelly or Daniel Barnett.

Comment

Working...
      X