No announcement yet.

Which Suspects Were Hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless, I think we can now say, with a great degree of confidence if not complete unanimity, that the best image we have now of Jack the Ripper could be the image of a man wearing a deerstalker and, in the absence of a real name, a good nickname would be Deerstalker Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
      6969F3C2-EA8F-40E9-B830-222EFD6E4D40.jpeg From the highest to the most ‘umble, the deerstalker was the cap of choice for many.
      I just noticed that the man on the sidewalk is also wearing a deerstalker, so I get a better look. I thought the hat of the guy on the wagon looked kind of sorry. The other one looks more like coonskin.

I'm sorry, Gary, but they leave something to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
        I just noticed that the man on the sidewalk is also wearing a deerstalker, so I get a better look. I thought the hat of the guy on the wagon looked kind of sorry. The other one looks more like coonskin.

I'm sorry, Gary, but they leave something to be desired.
        A Coonskin Cap in Whitechapel? Sounds like a lost novel of Fenimore Cooper.

‘Born on a dung hill in St Georgie,
        Killed him a rat when he was only three.

Billy, Billy Maher,
        King of the wild Highway.’

A bit of poetic license there. Billy wasn’t really a Highway man.

Comment

I had a coonskin cap myself c.1960. And a hard plastic Beatles wig a few years later.

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
            Regardless, I think we can now say, with a great degree of confidence if not complete unanimity, that the best image we have now of Jack the Ripper could be the image of a man wearing a deerstalker and, in the absence of a real name, a good nickname would be Deerstalker Man.
            I've got him: Sidney Paget

deer stalker.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by R. J. Palmer View Post
              I've got him: Sidney Paget
              I'm going to have to look for hints and clues in Paget's illustrations. Portrait of a Killer Part 2?

PS. I think it's a major advance from "Top Hat Man".

Comment

Working...
              X