The Killer Is A Foreigner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Killer Is A Foreigner

The scuttlebutt on the street echoed by a sizeable number of people was that the killer was a foreigner...a sentiment which, on occasion, was echoed in print.

Rabbi Adler said no Jew could have committed the murders inferring that a Gentile was the culprit...a defense mechanism on the part of the rabbi poorly stated, IMHO. You can understand the spot he was in.

Here's an example of the foreigner-as-perp theory

Evening News
    October 10, 1888

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

This letter to the editor also talks about the "celerity" of the crimes being a foreign choleric trait but then indicates the foreigner wants to spend more time by carrying out mutilations. What's the hurry in this case? Why not do it at leisure? Not to mention the likelihood of an initial choke-hold involved. Speed and dexterity? I think he's confusing frenzy with celerity. Brawler vs boxer.

Combination speed and dexterity to me goes more with phlegmatic, unless you're talking about just skill, but he's talking about emotion being connoted to speed, while ignoring the suggestion that emotion might hinder the skill.

Then there's always also the possibility of Black Magic Arts, or some other similar ritualistic practice being involved, making people commit heinous crimes that they otherwise wouldn't. That would put any phlegmatic in the picture. But to me, the hard part is putting a choleric in there, IMCO.

Comment

Nina Brown located the letter writer Edward Dillon Lewis in the census...he was in his 40's.
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

His works are available on Amazon published by Gale, The Making of Modern Law.

https://www.amazon.ca/Draft-Code-Cri.../dp/124003184X

Don't you find it refreshing to go back to the time when people could distinguish each other and be frank about it, even if he's off the mark on this one? As right as he could be about the "overkill", you can't look at one aspect that suggests a choleric sociopath and ignore the aspects that suggest a more cold-blooded psychopath, especially when the seemingly choleric aspects can be explained away practically and the other part I can hardly see how you could even begin.

Comment

Good follow up, San Pedro ! Thanks....

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
          X