Weeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeds

Over the past couple of years, I've noticed the tendency of people ( usually on a social Ripper page on Facebook ) to, more or less, resurrect suspects who some had hoped had been satisfactorily cleared of any culpability in the Case. I see, on occasion, individuals proposing Sir William Gull, PAV, Mrs. Pearcey, and others of similar validity. All we need is to see Michael Ostrog being proposed and the set will be complete.

The primary reason I brought this up is that I've seen Roslyn D'Onston, on several occasions, being touted as a good to great suspect once again. All the effort that went into uncovering the misconceptions and bogus 'facts' attributed to old 'Sudden Death' is apparently oblivious to those not around a decade ago...when members of the Forums capably provided answers to every question which the pro-D'Onston authors and theorists had presented....from the theory that D'Onston had acquired venereal disease and took revenge on women of that class when we know nothing of the sort is demonstrated in the man's background to the inability of Stephenson to leave the hospital, not just at the requisite time(s) to commit murder, but at any time after the wards he was assigned to closed for the evening.

He's not the only man ( or woman ) to be kept in circulation by people interested only in making a buck on a previously proposed suspect or by newcomers and in all honesty, it certainly isn't my business what those people think. What I DO care about is that the work others have done towards the demystification of D'Onston won't be forgotten. Some no longer participate on these or any boards and some still do.

Otherwise, this photo might represent all that work done within time.

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

I've noticed this, too, How. There's also a tendency to regress to what I call old-style ripperology, where sober empiricism is eschewed in favour of fanciful and "ingenious" theories. After the superb work of serious researchers over the past few decades that moved the field away from the McCormick/Knight end of the spectrum, I had hoped that the old-style approach would become a thing of the past. Sadly, my optimism was misplaced, and I often get the feeling that the best efforts of the likes of Sugden, SPE and Chris Scott (inter alia) are being undone.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
    (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

The moving finger writes and having writ, moves back to where it started.

Comment

Thanks gents.
        I should have stated that I wasn't singling one, specific Social Rip page out...but that I've seen what we're talking about on several pages.
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I should add that I don't "do" Facebook, so my observation is more general.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
          (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Working...
          X