Roslyn D'Onston Stephenson on the Curse of Oak Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roslyn D'Onston Stephenson on the Curse of Oak Island

Guess who made it onto the show Oak Island? Roslyn D'Onston and one of his family members Philip Stephenson. Philip is a researcher and Oak Island theorist who discovered he was a relative of Roslyn D'Onston after finding some material in the family's possession, material which showed RDS was a Freemason and which contained information on masonic cyphers that would help decipher the message on the 90 foot stone and La Formula.

He's in at about 22:40. Excuse the quality. The video is mashed up to allow posting of copyrighted material that aired on TV the day before.

The Curse of Oak Island Season 8 Episode 22 Be There or T-Square (April 13, 2021) FULL HD - YouTube

Great find, San ! Thanks for sharing, buddy....
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Interesting to find that we have a living descendant of RDS and I would just like to say that I instantly recognised Philip Stephenson's accent; he clearly comes from Hull.

Rgds
      John

Comment

Originally posted by John Savage View Post
        ... I instantly recognised Philip Stephenson's accent; he clearly comes from Hull.

Rgds
        John
        Too bad the video was chopped up and scrambled. The subtitles didn't match the audio track!

Comment

They never really explained the decipherment and it didn't lead to the treasure but they said he might have erred in putting the "altar" starting point at the crossing of Nolan's Cross. Altars are not placed at the crossing of a cruciform church. Maybe it should have been at the All Seeing Eye in the Triangle Swamp because the eye is usually above the altar.

Here's a look at what was shown from a screen-capture of the decipherment:

Click image for larger version

Name:	donston.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	577513

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	D91664B5-BF19-451F-8D24-A570ED319A78.png Views:	11 Size:	542.9 KB ID:	577548 Click image for larger version  Name:	7DAF9524-BC03-4E22-B4D4-4A72F6475BA2.png Views:	11 Size:	457.3 KB ID:	577546 Click image for larger version  Name:	B6BE5D89-2134-4DBE-AED3-99088F8E8404.png Views:	12 Size:	473.1 KB ID:	577545 Click image for larger version  Name:	FF1EFD2C-D2C7-4FD5-93C0-C925621326CB.png Views:	12 Size:	518.6 KB ID:	577547 Click image for larger version  Name:	35A1A330-B4EE-4C7B-8DA9-354B17C1E33D.jpeg Views:	13 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	577544

More on YouTube:

Philip Stephenson Finds New Evidence

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I-T1EbLGk-s

Comment

All England, United Grand Lodge of England Freemason Membership Registers, 1751-1921 results for Robert Stephenson (b. 1841 +/- 1)

Results 1–1 of 1
              Robert Stevenson b. 1840 initiation 1864 lodge location: Derbyshire

Comment

San:

Donston was born 180 years ago yesterday, April 20, 1841.
                Good find on your part...Mike Covell may have mentioned him being a mason in Black Magic Myth...or even Melvin Harris in True Face of JTR....it's been quite a while and my RDS is rusty.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

The spelling (I just noticed) and place are all wrong. Stevenson and Chesterfield...

Wasn't Roslyn stuck in the Custom's Hall in Hull during this time? Starting in 63. Would he have been initiated the next year in Chesterfield?

With regard to that and the whole idea of RDS as a Freemason, a word comes back to mind - fantasist.

Comment

Ha ha ! You're right...the spelling of the surname is wrong.
                    He was at Customs House from '63-'68.
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                    X