Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freemasonry in Kingswinford: The Shocking Truth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freemasonry in Kingswinford: The Shocking Truth!

Okay, the "shocking truth" is that there were no Masonic Lodges in Kingswinford. Not a one. Ever. Nada.

The nearest lodges I've managed to find were in Stourbridge, and only one of those was operational by the time Dr. P arrived on the scene.

Hopefully I'll have a little more info on that in the near future.
    "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Received an update from the Freemason's Library concerning Dr. Alfred Pearson's membership in the Masonic Lodge.

Drum roll.........

There was no membership, Dr. P was definitely not a member of the Lodge.

Comment

See it while you can

I doubt Karen will allow it to stay very long:

http://victorianripper.niceboard.org...fordshire#2487

Comment

Someone might want to grab a screen capture of that, while it's still there.

Comment

I have it Mag.

Want me to post it on this thread since you authored it ?
          To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
            I have it Mag.

Want me to post it on this thread since you authored it ?
            Thanks How, that would be excellent!

Comment

Sorry for the slowness Mag.

Here 'tis :

To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Perfect!

Comment

From Karen:

"Stourbridge: 2.40 miles (huge possibility). I found mention of Masonic Lodges in Stourbridge as early as 1859. If anyone reports that there were no lodges in Stourbridge until Dr. Pearson passed away needs their head examined."

To which I point out that had Dr. Pearson been in Stourbridge in 1859 she might have a point. As it is, there was only one active lodge in Stourbridge during Pearson's active years, and he most definitely didn't belong to it.

Karen closed with:

"AND NOW....................the coup de grace. There were lodges in Kingswinford, and this was taken from "Accounts and Papers from the House of Commons of 1871."

Which far from a coup de grace isn't even a spitball, since the link she provides is about the Oddfellows, not the Masons. Hell she even admits that the "lodge" she claims as Masonic was actually the Oddfellows. Whether Karen truly doesn't know the difference or whether she was hoping nobody would notice is beyond me.

"'It smells like Kentucky Fried Magpie!!"

She might wish to see a doctor about that--olfactory hallucinations are an early symptom of potential brain lesions...

Comment

It's been a peaceful few months, but I see Karen decided to kick off the summer by fallaciously claiming I'd said there no lodges of any kind in Brierley Hill.

"N.B. I discovered that Dr. Alfred William Pearson was a member of the Lodge of Foresters, and this could very well be the one to which he belonged. This also refutes Magpie's claim that there were no lodges of any character in Brierley Hill."

What I'd actually said is still visible in the first post on this thread, and it can be clearly seen that what I said was that there were no Masonic lodges in Brierley Hill.

Comment

I have to wonder why, with all the bragging about how much money she's spent research Pearson, Karen doesn't just pony up the 50 pounds that the Grand Lodge requires to search their archives and tell us once and for wall whether Alfred was a freemason...

Comment

Working...
                      X