A Prescription For Murder- McLaren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Prescription For Murder- McLaren

Just picked up a copy of this book through Amazon.

Has anyone read Angus McLaren's book on Cream ?
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

I guess no one has....I thought Paul would have.

Anyway, its been a very good book so far.
    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Interesting information regarding Dr. Lawson Tait, who according to Mr. McLaren, did more towards the specialization of the field of gynecology than anyone did in history.
      Tait believed most reports of rapes upon women were fabrications to exploit men, fabrications, he contended, that young girls ( children ) also invented out of thin air. He was insensitive to females on this subject and believed that boys were as often raped by grown women as girls were raped by adult men.
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Sorry, Howard, I missed the post. Yes, I have a copy of the book and read it a long time ago now. I recall that it was a very good book, but I am dredging my memory. I read it at pretty much the same time as the excellent Trials of Israel Lipski, Steinie, and Don's Houndsditch Murders.
        Paul

Comment

I bought the book when I read that it featured material on Deeming but found nothing new so never finished reading it.

Comment

Cream was a serial killer back when he was in Illinois in 1880-1881. Three deaths at least....
            He predates H.H. Holmes by a decade...yet we see Holmes mentioned time and time again as "America's First Serial Killer".

The State
            Columbia, S.C.
            October 26, 1892
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Almost three years since the thread has been bumped.

If you get the time, may I suggest picking up a copy of this exceptional book by Angus McLaren. You will enjoy it.
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
              X