George Hutchinson in 1921

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
    Hasn't this George Hutchinson been disproved as being 'the' George Hutchinson?
    I think all the evidence points to it being the real George Hutchinson otherwise there's a lot of coincidences.

Comment

Oh I don't know. There was never much to go on in the first place.

Comment

Oh I don't know. There was never much to go on in the first place.
        I still harbour the insane idea that George Hutchinson may have been Stephen Maywood.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

I still harbour the insane idea that George Hutchinson may have been Stephen Maywood.
          I would have thought Abberline and the local police might have known that if he were?

Comment

I would have thought Abberline and the local police might have known that if he were?
            Why? He was an Essex boy who floated into and out of SGE in the mid-1880s.

Comment

I feel sure Maywood was well known to the police and not just in Essex. The Met boundary stretched out east.

As for Toppy nothing at all has disproved him as THE George Hutchinson and there is a wealth of detail in his life that fits very well - alongside his son saying that his father said he was!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

Why? He was an Essex boy who floated into and out of SGE in the mid-1880s.
                Hutchinson claimed he was groom (a man who tended horses).
                Maywood was a horse dealer.

Hutchinson claimed to have been in Romford.
                Romford held a weekly horse auction and Maywood, the horse dealer, had connections to Romford.

Hutchinson claimed to have known MJK for 3 years.
                3 years previously Maywood was living at 1, Breezers Hill, a house that in 1887 was described as a brothel.

Hutchinson either had a photographic memory or he made up Astrakhan man, and had the balls to do so.
                Maywoods lies to the police and in court are legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
                  I feel sure Maywood was well known to the police and not just in Essex. The Met boundary stretched out east.

As for Toppy nothing at all has disproved him as THE George Hutchinson and there is a wealth of detail in his life that fits very well - alongside his son saying that his father said he was!
                  You ‘feel sure’? Why?

Did the Met boundary stretch out to Barkingside? (Rhetorical question.)

Do you imagine Abberline & co were personally familiar with every dodgy Essex/East End boy? In 1888, Maywood had barely got started on his career. He had no criminal record at the time.

A ‘wealth’ of detail? I must have missed that. How does it compare to the ‘wealth’ of detail that supports Maywood? Can you say with almost certainty that Toppy knew MJK in 1888? I’m pretty sure Maywood did.

Comment

I'm sure Maywood knew Kelly.
                    The idea that Maywood passed himself off as Hutchinson is slightly ridiculous.
                    Why?
                    Did he kill Kelly for some reason - a violent pimp beating Foggy to the punch!

There are threads on the other site about Toppy and his background.

Comment

I'm sure Maywood knew Kelly.
                      The idea that Maywood passed himself off as Hutchinson is slightly ridiculous.
                      Why?
                      Did he kill Kelly for some reason - a violent pimp beating Foggy to the punch!

There are threads on the other site about Toppy and his background.
                      Yes, the idea of a violent Ratcliffe Highway pimp is absurd. What was I thinking of?

Comment

So Maywood was enraged at Kelly quitting his business and delayed his retribution until he could take her out in the most brutal fashion under the cloak of the Ripper killings?

The wealth of detail on Toppy is not so dramatic. Just a fairly normal East End life. But interesting nonetheless.

Comment

I have always had my doubts about Mary Kelly being a Ripper victim.

Comment

So Maywood was enraged at Kelly quitting his business and delayed his retribution until he could take her out in the most brutal fashion under the cloak of the Ripper killings?

The wealth of detail on Toppy is not so dramatic. Just a fairly normal East End life. But interesting nonetheless.
                            Who said Maywood killed Kelly?

His mate ‘Joe’ Morgenstern has form for beating and stabbing prostitutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Walton View Post
                              I have always had my doubts about Mary Kelly being a Ripper victim.
                              Well, good for you Phil.

Comment

George "Toppy" Hutchinson (top)
                                witness (middle)
                                Maywood in 1911 (bottom)

Hutchinson.jpg
                                Maywood.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X