JTR A Woman ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR A Woman ?

An oldie ( from 2006, but which has resurfaced on the Internet).......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_158143.html
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Nice find, some of the comments are quite funny

Comment

No woman could have done what was done to Kelly, and then left without tidying the place up.

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
        An oldie ( from 2006, but which has resurfaced on the Internet).......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_158143.html
        Dated January 15, 2009 not 2006, Howard.

"The chief suspects, who included a barrister, a Polish boot-maker and a Russian confidence trickster, were all men. But Frederick Abberline, the detective who led the investigation, thought it possible the killer was a woman. This was because the fifth victim, Mary Kelly, was 'seen' by witnesses hours after she was killed. Abberline thought this was the murderer running away, in Kelly's clothes."

Where did they get that idea from, that ". . . Frederick Abberline, the detective who led the investigation, thought it possible the killer was a woman" ???

Are they confusing Abberline with Conan Doyle's theory about the killer possibly having been a man disguised in woman's clothing?

Chris
        Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
        https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
        Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Was Mary Pearcey a genuine suspect?
          If she was JTR, I'll eat my hat!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
            No woman could have done what was done to Kelly, and then left without tidying the place up.
            Mwah-hah-hah..put that in the category of "I wish I'd said that."

But seriously, folks, between this and the Abberline-as-suspect theory in the news, it appears I got back from vacation just in time for the silliest week in Ripperology ever!

Comment

Speaking earnestly I think it could of been a woman and what a woman she was too to have done that.

Geo's theories on why a Woman would of done such horrible deeds.

1- was infected with a veneral disase by Prostitute via husband or lover.

2 -Crazed bible thumber with an axe to grind.

3-Angry Prostitute with some real issues or daughter of prostitute, who hated Prostitutes and her mother because of abused childhood.

4-Woman's Suffragette thinking along the lines of bringing public attention to the horrible conditions of Whitechapel, who also had a massive hatred of Prostitutes.

Okay, I know that last one was weak. but its remotely possible. Really all of them are hokey and a bit Hollywood screen writer's fool's scrap but still are legitimate motives.

I think it could of been a woman and that more women suspects should be considered. Just look at Lizzie Borden, Women were capable of violent and grizzly murder just like men. Just adding my layman's 2 cents worth.

Comment

It could have been all these. She could have changed her mind about why she was doing it with each new killing.

Comment

Possibly? She might of been off the wall nuts, yet able to maintain sanity long enough until she got run over by a beer cart or jumped off London Bridge..... Or been killed by one of her intended victims.

Some of those Prostitutes could be really tough and were probably packing protection. I would of been had I been in their shoes with a killer on the loose.

Comment

Hi George

Well, no weapons were found on the victims, so if they had protection, Jack must have stolen their weapons.

I think if it had been a prostitute killing these women, then she would have known about MJK and her formidable reputation as a fierce defender of her pitch. Young and powerful, she doesn't seem to me the sort of woman that another woman would care to tackle.

Comment

Historically, I don't think there has ever been a female serial killer that has used a knife in anywhere near such a manner on multiple female victims as JtR did

She'd have to be insane or super-mischievous and obsessed in the vein of some of the women who wrote Jack the Ripper letters

IMO the chance that a woman was Jack the Ripper is extremely low

I'm sure there were some female cut-throats and the like in the LVP

It's just the mutilations that don't seem right with a female perpetrator

Comment

I don't know what other female killers have done, but the idea of a female NOT attacking the face until the 4th murder seems just strange to me.

Comment

PS
                          I was going to mention the anti-vivisectionists who could have produced a female suspect with some sort of crusade on the streets, but you might expect some claims to be made in the press to publicise the "cause" - this goes for any other type of "protest" motive for JtR

A Theosophist/Golden Dawn type Ripper or someone with other ritualistic motives might also be female, again very doubtful - yet maybe part of a perfect murder plan?

IMO JtR was definitely a man and one with an exceptionally brutal manner which has never been seen in a female in history to my knowledge

The might be a few horror stories from Catherine the Great or something but nothing even approaching the JtR crimes

I think I've got a book about the most evil women in history - I'll check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                            Hi George

Well, no weapons were found on the victims, so if they had protection, Jack must have stolen their weapons.

I think if it had been a prostitute killing these women, then she would have known about MJK and her formidable reputation as a fierce defender of her pitch. Young and powerful, she doesn't seem to me the sort of woman that another woman would care to tackle.
                            I did not know that Mary Kelly was armed although it doesn't surprise me that she was given the murders that were happening around her and life in general in her sad occupation. I hope she got a few good licks in before JTR killed her.

Hi Nemo,

Yeah the crimes do fit a man rather then a woman but it is not impossible that a woman committed the murders just unlikely. doesn't surprise me that it might of been a woman or women who penned some of the Ripper letters.

Comment

She was an apple scruff.

Comment

Working...
                              X