Why Joseph Barnett is the prime suspect in the Jack The Ripper murders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QJ Coy View Post
    He wasn't, my apologies, I pick up a lot off these threads and someone who was against any notion of the Barnett theory had asked that question. Why wouldn't Hutchinson have recognized him? My sentence structure was kind of vague.
    Thats ok

I've heard so many false accusations against Hutchinson, but I thought to myself, thats a new one.

Any connection between Hutchinson and Kelly, given that "3 years" was mentioned, may have been when Kelly was living in Breezers Hill. That would have been about three years back.

Just going off memory here but Kelly was living near, or with, a family of Maywoods, who lived at No1 Breezers Hill. Steven Maywood was a horse dealer at Romford.
    Apparently, Hutch being a Groom, and also having connections to Romford presents the possibility he may have known the Maywood's.
    Pure speculation, I might add.
    Regards, Jon S.
    "
    The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
    " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
    Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

Originally posted by QJ Coy View Post
      If I remember correctly, Barnett called her Marie Jeanette because she actually went by that name at a high end brothel. It is my belief he "rescued" her from there, shacked up with her to give her an air of respectability, and was infuriated when she started prostituting again.
      There is an intermediate step involved - she went to France with a man, and didn't care for it. Why?

Supposition on my part but a lot of Victorian era Brits went to France to be treated for syphilis as the French had a more liberal attitude to the disease. But treatments were harsh....and the higher end brothels considered workers with disease less desirable as employees. MJK probably fell down the sex worker food chain after France, and at some point met Joe.

Comment

Working...
      X