Druitt In Court- Hats Off To Simon Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Druitt In Court- Hats Off To Simon Wood

Many kudos to Simon Wood over on Casebook for being the first to locate this article on Druitt.

I believe should researchers attempt to locate this article using only the search term "Druitt"....they'll come up short. At least that's what happened to me....
    However, using another term, the article appeared plain as day.

The Times

Page 13
    November 29, 1888

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Druitt's court appearance in the article is undoubtedly from the 28th, a Wednesday.

The A to Z states that an arithmetical deduction based on William Druitt's recollection has Monty Druitt being seen alive for the last time on November 31st ( Actually, the 30th, as November only has 30 days ) on page 145.
    Three days after the court appearance, Druitt bought the farm.
    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Simon just did a noble thing by telling me that Chris Phillips located the article in question some time back.

My apologies all around...and congrats to Chris for finding it, as I was obviously unaware that he'd found it.

Sincerely.
      Mr. Egg On The Face
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi Howard,

This article has been available in the Casebook Press Reports for some years.

There was some discusssion of it's existence on the boards, round about 2005 if my memory is correct. I remember going to the library and searching through the microfilm copies that we still relied on at the time. I found the article and posted it on Casebook and David O'Flaherty wrote it up for the press reports.

However I beleive that the original finder of the piece was the late D S Goffee, and I take my hat off to him.

Rgds
        John

Comment

Yeesh !

Thanks for this information, Professor.....

Sincerely
          Mr. Western Omelette On Face
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

At least you posted the right article, Howard. 1 out of 3 is pretty good for you.

Comment

Working...
            X