Sickert's Lodger theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
    When Dr. Wynn Weston-Davies was promoting his book here, he mentioned in a podcast that his family knew Sickert. He said Sickert was obsessed by the murders and would talk on the subject for hours but that he knew nothing.

I wonder if Dr. Weston-Davies might be able to answer some of the questions posed here?

Through various works I have the idea Sickert was, to use someone else's idea, one of the first Ripperologists.
    I don't think Wynne Weston-Davies could answer our questions about Sickert. I seem to recall that he recalled only what he wrote, namely that Sickert was obsessed with the murders but didn't know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
      I don't think Wynne Weston-Davies could answer our questions about Sickert. I seem to recall that he recalled only what he wrote, namely that Sickert was obsessed with the murders but didn't know anything.
      I never worked out dates on the calendar but had the idea Dr. Weston-Davies may have heard Sickert expound? If not, maybe he has other information within his family that could shed light on the questions.

I think there is something to Patricia Cornwell's work in general and I think Sickert decorated the 'Lizard guest book' that Cornwell now owns. Maybe something can be gleaned from his dated art to give an idea what he was thinking and when.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Whistler's Murder?

Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Working...
        X