No announcement yet.

New Cutbush Book : The Man Who Would Be Jack: The Hunt For Jack The Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the name of God Amen. I Luke Flood of Maryland Point in the parish of West Ham in the county of Essex late painter of the parish of St Marys Whitechapel do make this my last will and testament in the manner following I do give and bequeath unto my son Luke Thomas Flood and his heirs for ever the following named freehold house and land situate in (Barnwell?) in the county of Cambridge in the occupation of Mrs Bullen also the house and premises situate in Church Row St Annes Limehouse in the county of Middlesex in the occupation of Christopher Jowson also my two freehold houses and premises situate in Mile End Road in the occupation of Crowther and Lofty in the county of Middlesex also my freehold land and buildings thereon in the parish of West Ham in the county of Essex known by the name of Upton Place late in the occupation of (illeg) and others and I do give unto my said son to the use of his will my (four?) copyhold houses and premises in the parish of Bow in the manor of Stepney in the county of Middlesex in the occupation of (illeg) J Sargant and J Spiller and I do give unto my said son all the stock in the three pc secured public funds standing in my name and I do give unto Elizabeth Flood his wife one hundred pounds and I do give unto Mrs Elizabeth Trapp ten pounds and unto Sophia Trapp and Mrs Pitt a ring each. I do give and bequeath unto my daughter Clarissa Cutbush wife of Thomas Cutbush all my copyhold house and premises together with the yard so much as is leasehold to the full extent of the lease as is now in the occupation of Luke George Cutbush being No 30 Road side in the parish of St Mary Whitechapel in the manor of Stepney in the county of Middlesex and this unto my said daughter I give to the use of her will notwithstanding her (illeg). And I do give unto my said daughter and her heirs for ever all my freehold house and premises situate in (illeg) Street in the parish of St George in the county of Middlesex in the occupation of Claude (Small?). I do give unto my grandsons Tom Flood Cutbush and Luke George Cutbush and Edward Cutbush to each of them one thousand two hundred pounds 3pc consols from that stock in the public funds standing in my name. I do give unto my executor upon trust one thousand two hundred pounds three per cent consols from that fund standing in my name for the use and benefit of my grandaughter Clariisa Little wife of James Little which sum is independent and by no means under any control of her present husband or any other it shall not be liable to the payment of any of his debts which said sum of one thousand two hundred pounds three per cent consols shall be transferred from my stock in that fund to the name of my executor who shall pay my said granddaughter the interest as it may become due and her (illeg) only regard shall be a discharge and at her decease the principal to be divided equally amongst those who may survive her. Whatever sum may remain in the three per cent consols name after the above is paid I do give unto my executor upon trust for the use and benefit of my daughter Clarissa Cutbush during her natural life the interest thereof to be paid her by my executor as it may become due at her decease the principal to be fairly and equally divided amonst her four children namely Tom Flood Cutbush Luke George Cutbush Clariisa Little and Edward Cutbush should any of them die previous to their mother leaving issue such child or children shall have their parents share equally divided amongst them with this proviso that the share to be divided which may be for my granddaughter Clarissa Little shall be joined to my former gift independent of her present or future husband nor shall it be any way liable to the payment of his debts and under the same restrictions and regulations as my former gift which at her decease the principal to be divided amongst her children. I do hereby appoint my son Luke Thomas Flood my executor and trustee. I do give unto Luke George Cutbush all my furniture now in (my?) house. I do give unto the four sons of my daughter Mary Ann Page my four freehold houses in Greenfield Street in the hamlet of Mile End Old Town in the county of Middlsex and I advise my executor to give a power of attorney to either of their friends to manage and receive the rents and profits of said freehold during their minority but not until my executor be well satisfied that neither their father or any other person for them will or may (illeg) any suit in law or (illeg) against him or any of my family
    concerning this my will or any family dispute which if either of the said children their father or any of their supposed friends do in that case I transfer the said gift and do give and bequeath the four freehold houses to my son Luke Thomas Flood to him and his heirs for ever. I do give unto the Reverend Mathew (illeg) of Whitechapel twenty pounds. I do give unto Elizabeth Wills if she resides with me at my decease one hundred pounds and (illeg) and to Mary (illeg) I do give a ring.to James Thomas (illeg) and Zachary Wightman. I do give unto my son Luke Thomas all my books and book cases my plate and such pictures as is in my house as he may choose. I do give unto my executor upon trust all my household furniture for him to dispose the same to my grandchildren at his will and pleasure (illeg) him to the children of my daughter Clarissa Cutbush. I do give unto the master and mistress of Whitechapel Charity School to which I am treasurer forty shillings each and to each of the boys and girls in said school five shillings each to be paid them within six days after my decease.I do give unto the twelve widows in Meggs Alms Houses forty shillings each to be paid them within six days after my decease. My will is that my executor do within six months after my decease purchase one thousand pounds three per cent consols in the name of the Master of the parish of Whitechapel for the time being and at his decease to be transferred to the name of such succeeding Master upon trust for ever together with three other trustees of Whitechapel Charity School of which I am treasurer and at the decease of either of the said trustees new ones shall be appointed so as to keep the number of four for ever for the purposes here to be mentioned this purchase to be made out of my other public funds and floating (illeg) not before mentioned the interest of the one thousand pounds three per cent consols to be (illeg) by the trust and laid out every half year and payments be made so as to accumulate the principal for seven years and at the end of the seven years the principal with the accumulated interest to remain for ever the interest of the whole.I do give for this purpose that it shall be fairly and equally divided (illeg) amongst so many boys who shall be bound apprentices from the before mentioned Charity School who shall serve their master and mistress truly and faithfully (seven years after my decease) and who shall give satisfactory proof thereof to the trustees and that they have regularly attended divine service at some established parish church and which shall be confirmed by the officiating clergyman of that church where such attendance was made and I do request the undermentioned be printed and fixed on pasteboard and given to each boy when bound (origl so)
    AB You are now bound apprentice to CJ
    If at the expiration of the term of your apprenticeship you produce to the trustees testimonial of your good conduct from your Master and a certificate from the officiating clergyman of the establishment that you have regularly attended divine service you will be entitled to a proportion of Mr Flood (illeg) issuing out of the interest of one thousand pounds 3 per cent consols and the accumulated interest of seven years which he has given to encourage youth to discharge their duty to God and man.
    The trustees will (illeg) certain (illeg) on the first Tuesday of the months of January February and March and the money will be paid to the approved claimants on the first Tuesday in April yearly.
    You are to produce this paper (signed) E.J. Master, C.H. treasurer
    I do give unto the twelve widows residing in Meggs Alms Houses in Whitechapel four hundred pounds new South Sea Annuities now standing in my name which said sum shall be transferred to the names of such trustees as shall be chosen at a public vestry which said trustees shall receive the interest of the above mentioned four hundred pounds and divide the same amongst the twelve widows each April for ever and I advise that my executor will pay the legacy duly of these two last legacies namely of the 1000 and the four hundred pounds.I do give unto my son Luke Thomas Flood all other money in the public funds as is not already given and all the rest and residue of my estate and effects whatsoever and wheresoever. I do give unto my grandson Tom Flood Cutbush and his heirs for ever my freehold house and premises in Star Court in East Smithfield in the parish of Lower Aldgate county of Middlesex in the occupation of (illeg). And I do give unto my said grandson the lease of house and premises with so much only of the yard as now attached to it and also the lease of paint shop and countinghouse in his occupation being No. 29 Road Side Whitechapel Middlesex. I do give to the organist the sexton and parish clerk of Whitechapel forty shillings each and I do give unto John Smith vestry clerk five pounds and a ring. The (illeg) of this my last will and testament was wrote by me and confirmed hereby. We the under mentioned do witness that this will and testament was signed and sealed by Luke Flood in our presence and at his request do testify the same this 14th day of March in the year of our Lord 1817 Thomas Bilton Charlotte Stuart or Street Whitechapel Edw Mounckfield 20 High Street Mile End New Town Jno Byron Hooper Osborn Stuart or Street Whitechapel all of the Court of InquestTower Hamlets.

Proved at London 9th February 1818 before the worshipful John Daubery Doctor of Laws and surrogate by the oath of Luke Thomas Flood Esq the son the sole executor to whom admin was granted having been first sworn duly to administer.

Robert

It was years ago, Robert, but my thanks as ever, for showing that we talk about very powerful people here indeed!

Comment

• Forget Cutbush. Let's go back to talk of bacon, sausages, and deep fryers. This Okie boy's loving this thread. Even if someone saying 'you agree with Tom' is considered a libelous insult. I'm ready for some fried bread. You can leave the 'black pudding'. That's a little too British for me. What is it, blood? No thanks.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• THC's great grandfather's full and official title:

'‘ His Majesty's Justice of Oyer and Terminer of the City of London, and Justices of Gaol Delivery of Newgate, holden for the said City and County of Middlesex.'

Comment

• THC is black pudding and blood, Tom.

Comment

• From 2004 Debs, when you liked Australia:

'>>I found an original Lease agreement dated 1839 at a Collectables Fair in
            Brisbane, Queensland today. The lease was for Nos 63 and 64 Whitechapel
            Road and dated 1839. Names mentioned are:

Henry MITCHELL a Tallow Chandler and Tallow Melter of Whitechapel Rd, Luke
            Thomas FLOOD of Belle One Lodge, Chelsea and his deceased father Luke FLOOD,
            Alan PARSON Esq, and Josiah TAYLOR and his wife Mary ANN TAYLOR <<<

I don't know if a Josiah Taylor has come up in any of your Taylor research AP, I couldn't find anything else on him.
            Thanks very much for the census information Robert, I will sort out the rest of the information I have and try to post it after the weekend.
            Debra'

Comment

• Originally posted by A.P. Wolf View Post
              THC is black pudding and blood, Tom.
              But we need new black pudding and blood. This is all old and tired stuff from years back. Research moves on.

Comment

• Show me, Debs.

Comment

• Hi AP

As ever, I am ready to do anything reasonably possible to advance our knowledge of THC. But I myself confess to having reached a brick wall. Where next to look? I feel there is more info out there, but where? I don't know how Debs feels about this.

Comment

• I have to say that the only 'research' I have marked on this particular subject, THC, that I have noticed in the years of my solitude, is the bunch of modern monkeys who jumped on THC as soon as the Broadmoor files were published on him, and that many of them were my biggest critics over ten years ago when I was attempting to explain the unreasonable confinement of Thomas - and that my thoughts on Thomas were published when these monkeys were still in nappies and sucking on a dummy -

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                      Hi AP

As ever, I am ready to do anything reasonably possible to advance our knowledge of THC. But I myself confess to having reached a brick wall. Where next to look? I feel there is more info out there, but where? I don't know how Debs feels about this.
                      Again, I'm with you Robert.
                      Family research is not leading anywhere-we can kid ourselves secret illegitimacy is the answer but I feel that's a total cop out to paper over a huge crack without having to explain too much.
                      Maybe we should scrutinise Macnaghten and his motives? -Although Jonathon H is very busy travelling that route. The Sun?

Comment

• Originally posted by A.P. Wolf View Post
                        when I was attempting to explain the unreasonable confinement of Thomas - .
                        Was it really unreasonable though? He was identified by women as someone who'd stabbed them-he was too insane to offer a plea- they put him in Broadmoor until a time when he either became sane enough to be able to understand and offer a plea and go on trial for the crimes or he became totally and hopelessly insane. Unfortunately for Thomas it was the latter event.

Comment

• Debs, I'm not going to argue about the wisdom of confining Thomas, for he was an absolute lunatic, but I would argue the legal process of his confinement, and sentencing, at length.

Comment

• A.P.

I'm posting the links to the YouTube chats where Paul Begg & Richard Jones discuss Cutbush.

Nine minute version : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WedHa9tX_uY

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCLCn_5VzAk
                            2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2QJIBGRJk
                            3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkcapyPAMgo
                            4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJ_xUVR47k
                            To Join JTR Forums :
                            Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                              A.P.

I'm posting the links to the YouTube chats where Paul discusses Cutbush.

Nine minute version : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WedHa9tX_uY

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCLCn_5VzAk
                              2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2QJIBGRJk
                              3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkcapyPAMgo
                              4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJ_xUVR47k

I am removing the part underlined, A. P.
                              Paul Begg never took credit for anything anyone else researched or found in regard to Cutbush.

If someone was to claim the same about you nicking material, trust me, I'd be requiring that person to do the same thing as I did with you.
                              I watched the clips when they were first posted and all Paul Begg and Richard Jones do is attempt to take the viewer along to experience looking at the Broadmoor files on Cutbush for the very first time.

Comment

• Thank you Debs.
                                To Join JTR Forums :
                                Contact [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X