X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debra Arif
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
    Cornish wafers are nicer, although I think of late they have made them thinner and harder.

We also like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODfE9Bl8RJY

Mind you, I've no idea what vegetable oil is. I always used to fry bacon first, and then use the fat from the bacon to fry the bread in.
    I'm with you, Robert. I used to own and run a greasy spoon cafe when I was in my twenties and the best fried bread is always done in bacon fat and you have to press it down with a spatula while it's cooking to get it nice and crispy and golden.

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    Originally posted by A.P. Wolf View Post
    I agree, my comment directed at Debs was unwarranted and undeserved, and I apologize to her for such a misdirected comment.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    Originally posted by Nemo View Post
    It's supposed to be near enough impossible to eat three without a drink

Eating three as fast as you can is often done as a party game
    Or eating as many as you can without licking your lips.

Leave a comment:

• Edward Stow
    replied
    How, you must be a 'Record Breaker'.

Nemo your parties sound wild.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    -Neems-
    Contradiction,please....I ate at least 12 Jacobs crackers less than an hour ago without a drink.

Thank you for that, A.P.

Leave a comment:

• AP Wolf
    replied
    I agree, my comment directed at Debs was unwarranted and undeserved, and I apologize to her for such a misdirected comment.
    I guess the landscape has changed in the years that I've been away; and I will accept that as part of the territory from now on, and as Rob suggests just stick to posting my scruffy thoughts on the actual subject.
    And on that note, I have to say that during my lengthy absence from the discussion boards it does appear to me that the Sun reports on Cutbush were merely a figment of my lucid imagination; and that the mental asylum, Broadmoor, never released their files on Cutbush.
    For not much has happened in this important regard.
    Despite showing, years ago, that the letters in the possession of the Sun, directly incriminating THC as the Whitechapel Murderer, were all absolute genuine and from very real characters involved in the case - (apart from one that is, which proved impossible to substantiate, that being the letter from the young man and his girl who met Cutbush at night when Cutbush appealed for help as the 'runners' were after him for the £500 reward) - I continue to see researchers claiming that it is impossible to verify the letters because the writers are only initialized in the Sun reports.
    The initials were realistically linked to the actual people years ago.
    In regard to the Broadmoor files on THC, I find myself in a constant and amazing state of consternation that the fact that the young mad lad was still writing letters to highly placed officers in Scotland Yard many years after his detention in Broadmoor does not generate more interest. How would a young madman locked up in the most secure asylum in the country know the names of senior police officials at Scotland Yard?
    A close associate of mine is presently confined to the same institution, under the same rulings and regulations, and there is no way, manner or form, that this individual could obtain the names or ranks of senior police officers at Scotland Yard... unless he knew them before he was confined; and that is highly unlikely unless he had some personal or family connection to Scotland Yard before his confinement. And this is in our modern age where such individuals confined to such institutions have unimaginable rights of freedom compared to their counterparts in the LVP.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Kearney A.K.A. NEMO
    replied

Eating three as fast as you can is often done as a party game

Leave a comment:

• Edward Stow
    replied
    How looks cream crackered.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Hi How

I always used to spread butter on them.

I used to love cod balls but I think they've stopped doing them.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Monty:

Thanks for the suggestion....I don't know where I can get some Stilton...but I'll check out a nearby deli.

Bob:

I give everything 6 tries, buddy....if I had added toppings to the crackers, I'm sure they would have been very good. They aren't bad, Bob...seriously...just not what I expected. I saw the Scotland Yard inspector on Hercule Poirot ( Inspector Japp ) mention them on one of the episodes....so I went looking for them.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Interesting that you managed to get through 6 before deciding you didn't like them, How.

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    Tommy;

They also eat these sumbitches with the tea, I understand.

I ate 6 of them and couldn't detect any flavor.
    Just a warning.
    Made in Leicestershire....since 1885.
    You are supposed to have them with Stilton cheese.

Monty.....made in Leicestershire since 1971.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Sorry for the diversion....back to the Cutbush thread !

From the recent issue of the Fortean Times....

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Bob:
    You also have no idea what flavor is.
    You ought to get that Emma Lazurus to write a witty ditty for the Brits...something like :

"Give us your poor, your tired, your hungry, your people yearning to breathe free and who have frigging flavorable foods...."

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Cornish wafers are nicer, although I think of late they have made them thinner and harder.

We also like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODfE9Bl8RJY

Mind you, I've no idea what vegetable oil is. I always used to fry bacon first, and then use the fat from the bacon to fry the bread in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X