Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Corduroy
    replied
    Is this Cutbush Roulette? I hope so, cuz its easier than driving all the way to Mississppi

Harford82c.jpg

Age 60 born Spitalfields. Wife Catherine age 38 born Stepney

Leave a comment:

• AP Wolf
    replied
    Ah, honesty, rare thing, Debs. In this game I do not honestly believe you. You have been here long enough to know the difference. Honesty is when your heart and mind satisfies you. Your posts are perambulations. Things have changed eh?
    Bye bye Debs, nice to know you.
    You and the yankee dollar! Loving it.

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    Originally posted by A.P. Wolf View Post
    Debs, you say we 'know' the exact relationship between the Highgate horticulturist Cutbush clan; and the Cutbush clan from Lambeth; and Scotland Yard. I don't think you do. I don't think anyone does. Who are 'we' anyway?
    There is fairly convincing material around linking THC to both the Highgate horticulturists and Scotland Yard, some of which you found yourself, some time ago. But since then you appear to have changed your spots.
    I wish you good luck with that.
    I am being honest-unlike some.

Leave a comment:

• AP Wolf
    replied
    This is an amazing read, and you get Superintendent Cutbush to boot!
    http://booksnow2.scholarsportal.info...suoft_djvu.txt

Leave a comment:

• AP Wolf
    replied
    And there an awful lot of bastards involved in this Cutbush game:
    Cutbush Hollingsbee ref: 1737

EAST KENT PEOPLE INDEX: refs from various East Kent records, randomly noted unless stated otherwise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A & M CUTBUSH, Ashford - advert for boarding school (Kentish Gazette 12 Jan 1808 p.1 col.1)

Ann CUTBUSH of Union Street, aged 70 buried 8 Jan 1819
    Also William CUTBUSH of County Gaol, King Street, aged 57 buried 10 Jan 1819
    Also Frances CUTBUSH of County Gaol aged 63 buried 10 Jan 1819
    (Maidstone BTs)

Elizabeth CUTBUSH of Milton married Francis BOYS of Milton 13 Oct 1681
    (St Margaret Canterbury, from J.Jones index)

Elizabeth CUTBUSH:
    "We present Samuel COOPER and Elizabeth CUTBUSH for fornicac~on, ye said Elizabeth having declared on oath that
    COOPER was father of her bastard child! (1706-7) (Minster Sheppey BTs)

Mr Wm CUTBUSH, Ashford married 22 June at Kennington to Miss Elizabeth BACK
    (Dover Telegraph 9 Jul 1836 p.8 col.4)

--------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

• AP Wolf
    replied
    Debs, you say we 'know' the exact relationship between the Highgate horticulturist Cutbush clan; and the Cutbush clan from Lambeth; and Scotland Yard. I don't think you do. I don't think anyone does. Who are 'we' anyway?
    There is fairly convincing material around linking THC to both the Highgate horticulturists and Scotland Yard, some of which you found yourself, some time ago. But since then you appear to have changed your spots.
    I wish you good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    "CUTBUSH - On the 2nd August, at his residence, West Hill, Highgate, suddenly, of apoplexy, JAMES CUTBUSH, of the Horticulture Nurseries, Highgate, Barnet and Finchley, aged 57 years" as published in The Brisbane Courier, dated Tuesday 13th October, 1885 page 1 Column 1, 'DEATHS".

Is it possible that he had a daughter or son living out here?'

So then, just why would the death of a fairly obscure horticulturist from Highgate be published half way across the world in the Brisbane Courier?
    As the poster speculates, perhaps because said obscure horticulturist from Highgate had a very close relation living out there. And as said obscure horticulturist was already dead he could not have posted and paid for the death notice, which means his family or lawyers must have placed the notice in an effort - as required by law - to notify immediate but absent family of an impending inheritance in which they are named.
    Sound familiar?
    Failure to respond to the death notice in the legally allowed period would result in the inheritance being passed onto any surviving children.
    But not if the surviving children - or child - had been declared legally insane.
    Sound familiar?
    I'll Race you for it.
    Yes, AP-but we know that James Cutbush, horticulturist, was not related to Thomas Taylor Cutbush in any way. James having a possible 'son or daughter' (or any relative) in Oz as the poster suggests as the reason does not include Thomas Taylor Cutbush in the running. His parents and family are well researched and known to us and Charles Henry, Thomas Taylor and the Highgate Cutbushes were from three different families with the same surname in common- not even second cousins ten times removed. So, how does it explain why Thomas Taylor Cutbush left England- as you stated in your post? That's all I want to know.

Leave a comment:

• AP Wolf
    replied
    "CUTBUSH - On the 2nd August, at his residence, West Hill, Highgate, suddenly, of apoplexy, JAMES CUTBUSH, of the Horticulture Nurseries, Highgate, Barnet and Finchley, aged 57 years" as published in The Brisbane Courier, dated Tuesday 13th October, 1885 page 1 Column 1, 'DEATHS".

Is it possible that he had a daughter or son living out here?'

So then, just why would the death of a fairly obscure horticulturist from Highgate be published half way across the world in the Brisbane Courier?
    As the poster speculates, perhaps because said obscure horticulturist from Highgate had a very close relation living out there. And as said obscure horticulturist was already dead he could not have posted and paid for the death notice, which means his family or lawyers must have placed the notice in an effort - as required by law - to notify immediate but absent family of an impending inheritance in which they are named.
    Sound familiar?
    Failure to respond to the death notice in the legally allowed period would result in the inheritance being passed onto any surviving children.
    But not if the surviving children - or child - had been declared legally insane.
    Sound familiar?
    I'll Race you for it.

Leave a comment:

• Chris G.
    replied
    Thanks, Robert. I'll watch the video later.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    It's a brave man who discusses JTR in an elevator, Chris :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmOX9C-nO_4

Leave a comment:

• Chris G.
    replied
    I was riding up in the elevator toward my floor at work today with the head of our organization and another guy with whom I regularly discuss politics and international affairs. The latter asked me, "Anything new about Jack the Ripper?" The only thing I could think to say honestly and summarily was, "It's complicated!"

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    Debs, you gave up a couple of messages ago. I'll give up right now, if you really cannot see the connection to Highgate and the Cutbush nursey, and Australia. That is you and me done. Enjoy.
    I see that some relations of the Highgate Cutbushes were also in Oz. So?

Leave a comment:

• AP Wolf
    replied
    Debs, you gave up a couple of messages ago. I'll give up right now, if you really cannot see the connection to Highgate and the Cutbush nursey, and Australia. That is you and me done. Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    Finally, the reason for Thomas Taylor Cutbush's abrupt departure to the Antipodes. Took a while.
    I don't see a reason or even a connection there. What is the reason he left?

Leave a comment:

• AP Wolf
    replied
    Finally, the reason for Thomas Taylor Cutbush's abrupt departure to the Antipodes. Took a while.

Cutbush, James [1, 2]
    Born 1827 Highgate, Middlesex, EnglandFind all individuals with events at this location [1, 2]
    Christened 1 Apr 1827 Highgate, Middlesex, EnglandFind all individuals with events at this location [3]
    Saint Michael
    Gender Male
    Registration Between 1 Jul 1885 and 30 Sep 1885 Pancras, London, Middlesex, EnglandFind all individuals with events at this location [4]
    Death
    Volume 1b, Page 97
    Occupation Nursery Garden Owner [2]
    Reference Number 40209
    _UID 88FC802850ED4164B3069E73DF8E8E03D643
    Died 2 Aug 1885 Highgate, Middlesex, EnglandFind all individuals with events at this location [1, 2]
    Buried 6 Aug 1885 Highgate, Middlesex, EnglandFind all individuals with events at this location [2]
    Highgate Cemetery
    Age 58 years
    Notes
    (Research):
    Hi Phil,

I am researching a WILLIAM MONTAGUE CUTBUSH who married in 1864 at St George, Sydney NSW Australia,
    his wife Agnes Catherine Carney (1842-1868) died of Thyhus Fever 14th Jan. 1868, his infant daughter Edith Maud Cutbush died 17th Feb. 1868. William took his only surviving child CHARLES AUGUSTUS CUTBUSH to Western Australia.
    William died 6th Sept. 1924 in Leederville, Perth. WA, aged 88 years.

I have not found another marriage for him.

Decided to do some other state researches, and came across your JAMES CUTBUSH, entry below, and wondered why the
    ad was published here in oz.

Is it possible that he had a daughter or son living out here.
    Came up with 2 other CUTBUSH's living in Queensland: GEORGE BACK CUTBUSH and CHARLES CUTBUSH, they had an only sister MARY ANN CUTBUSH who died at Pakenham, Suffolk aged 33 years (Brisbane Courier dated 12th July 1879). George Back Cutbush died in Queensland in 1914 not found a death for Charles, George's parents were listed as William and Elizabeth.

yours in family history research

Adele Whitmore (Carney)
    Coffs Harbour NSW
    Person ID I40209 The Williams Family Tree
    Last Modified 25 Aug 2013

Father Cutbush, William , b. 8 Feb 1788, Sandhurst, Cranbrook, Kent, England Find all individuals with events at this location, d. 27 Jan 1854, Highgate, Middlesex, England Find all individuals with events at this location – Age: 65 years
    Mother Belton, Sarah , b. 1795, Croydon, Surrey, England Find all individuals with events at this location, d. 6 Sep 1861, Highgate, Middlesex, England Find all individuals with events at this location – Age: 66 years
    Married 2 Oct 1820 St. Alphage, GreenwichFind all individuals with events at this location [1, 2]

Initial information received from Gill Greatley (William's 2 x great grand-daughter) who is descended from Reuben.

William and Sarah's marriage is on the IGI, however none of their children's baptisms appear, and I would expect there to have been children earlier than James b. 1827 since they were married in 1820.

There are two possible baptisms; for Amelia in 1821 and John in 1824.
    Both are at different churches, and that for Amelia spells Cutbush with an E on the end. Neither are found on censuses.

William was the founder of a Nursery Gardens which bore his name and which ran from about 1830 still held the name until 1960, albeit then a garden centre. [2]
    Family ID F12182 Group Sheet

Family Hickman, Elizabeth Mary Ann , b. 12 Aug 1831, Clerkenwell, Middlesex, England Find all individuals with events at this location, d. Yes, date unknown
    Married Between Jan 1855 and Mar 1855 Edmonton, Middlesex, EnglandFind all individuals with events at this location [2]
    James was a partner with his father in the family Nursery Garden business in Highgate, and then went on to run it himself. In 1881 he employed 58 men and 10 boys.

The family lived for 20 years at 1 West Hill, Highgate. Whilst the daughters stayed at home, and were probably educated at local ladies schools or at home (although no governess is recorded) the three boys were sent to boarding schools; Herbert to Brunswick House in Barnett and William and Ernest to Totteridge Park in Hertford.

In 1891, after James had died, the family moved to Barnet, Hertfordshire. Amy was in 1891 at the Royal Masonic Girls School as a boarder, and Jessie at the London Orphans school in Watford, also boarding.
    Elizabeth was in Barnet in 1901, with Ethel living at home.

Gill has Elizabeth Hickman Cutbush as died 1922, but I haven't found that registration. [2]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X