Close examination of the Sun reports on THC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi AP

Put a few more sprinkles on, then Chris could write a book called Jack the Ripper, a Cast of Hundreds and Thousands.

Comment

That is a nice one, Robert. I've just realised that the Edward Cutbush mentioned in Luke Flood Cutbush's will was a Met. police officer! Tarnation, I should have picked this up years ago. EDWARD CUTBUSH (Policeman, L 104)

Comment

Hi AP

I don't think I ever transcribed Luke Flood Cutbush's will. It was about 12 pages long in hard to read writing, and seemed to have nothing spectacular in it. Are you sure you haven't been reading the will of plain Luke Flood?

I don't think Edward was a policeman, though I know there was an Inspector Cutbush at one time, but am not sure if he was related to the family.

Actually I've just been doing a bit of memory refreshing, and noticed that in 1871 there was what looks like TTC's sister Clarissa staying with a couple in High St West Ashford. This is of course the road where Uncle Charles was living in 1851, though by 1871 the Cutbushes had moved on. Unfortunately there are no road numbers for the 1851 listing. This couple in the High St were in the gardening business and interestingly the woman came from Ilford, where Clarissa and TTC's mother came from, so it might have been a family friend. But it's curious that she should have been visiting these people in the very street where the Ashford Cutbushes had lived. This is the closest thing to a link between the Ashford and Middlesex Cutbushes that I can recall offhand. I don't know whether Debs has been into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
          Hi AP

I don't think I ever transcribed Luke Flood Cutbush's will. It was about 12 pages long in hard to read writing, and seemed to have nothing spectacular in it. Are you sure you haven't been reading the will of plain Luke Flood?

I don't think Edward was a policeman, though I know there was an Inspector Cutbush at one time, but am not sure if he was related to the family.

Actually I've just been doing a bit of memory refreshing, and noticed that in 1871 there was what looks like TTC's sister Clarissa staying with a couple in High St West Ashford. This is of course the road where Uncle Charles was living in 1851, though by 1871 the Cutbushes had moved on. Unfortunately there are no road numbers for the 1851 listing. This couple in the High St were in the gardening business and interestingly the woman came from Ilford, where Clarissa and TTC's mother came from, so it might have been a family friend. But it's curious that she should have been visiting these people in the very street where the Ashford Cutbushes had lived. This is the closest thing to a link between the Ashford and Middlesex Cutbushes that I can recall offhand. I don't know whether Debs has been into this.
          Hi Robert,
          The Edward Cutbush who was a PC was born in 1834 and was the son of Edward Cutbush,a brushmaker-not Luke Flood Cutbush.

I can't recall looking at the Clarissa thing, no. Interesting. The closest I've come to a link was CHC's son living two doors away from where Collicott lived in Aldebert St.

Comment

Hi Debs

Yes, the Pc Cutbush rose to the rank of Inspector, didn't he?

CHC's son and Aldebert St? Blimey, this is looking like a conspiracy scenario.

Comment

Hi AP

Put a few more sprinkles on, then Chris could write a book called Jack the Ripper, a Cast of Hundreds and Thousands.
              I think Cutbush would prefer a knickerbocker gory.

I'll get me coat.

Love,

Caz
              X

PS Welcome back Mr Wolf!
              I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

In 1881 John and Mary Allen are living in Appledore St, Tenterden, the same street as Sophia Cutbush who I think is one of ours.

Comment

In 1881 John and Mary Allen are living in Appledore St, Tenterden, the same street as Sophia Cutbush who I think is one of ours.
                  Yes, she's with Frank isn't she?

Comment

Yes, nephew Frank Parkinson.

Comment

Hello AP

Aren't Debra and Robert quite wonderful?

Nice to see you back.
                      Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

AP... off-topic, but I just noticed. Is that wolf in your avatar doing a "quenelle" salute?
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

pudica

Hello Gareth. Thought it was a pudica pose. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

Indeed, both Debra and Robert are incredible when it comes to the Cutbush family links. I freely and gladly admit that I am rubbish when it comes to researching the family, my semi autistic brain implodes and I start hitting myself over the head with an empty whisky bottle...
                            I've attempted to change my 'risque' and revealing avatar but struggle with the knobs.
                            In my vague defense, there actually is a PC Edward Cutbush from the early LVP.

Comment

Working...
                            X