Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Though It Took A While.... We Finally Got Him."

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Though It Took A While.... We Finally Got Him."

    So says Paul Christian.

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/714307...-new-painting/
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

  • #2
    14.99 for a small softcover of about 100 pages, paragraphs double-spaced and photos, so probably 50 pages of text. The evidence consists of the painting in The Sun which may or may not be a Sickert and the mysterious "de le re Brett", who as far as I know is in fact the un-mysterious Charles De La Ree Bott.

    Comment


    • #3
      In October 2013, while working as a journalist on a local newspaper, in Hertfordshire, Paul Christian entered a world of intrigue and mystery surrounding the most famous unsolved murder case of them all - that of Jack the Ripper. He made contact with sources who claimed to know the identity of the infamous Victorian serial killer and provided new leads linking him to the murky 1880s art scene. Most shocking of all a previously unseen painting finally reveals who the bloodthirsty killer, who preyed on prostitutes in 1888, was. The Inevitable Jack the Ripper also delves deeper into London's past, revealing the sinister history of the city's stalkers in the night and a brutal legacy that made the appearance of Jack the Ripper unavoidable. Exhaustive research and journalistic experience are intertwined to present how the Jack the Ripper phenomenon gripped the world in 1888 and still does today.

      Take that Paul Begg ! Exhaustive research.....
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Paul View Post
        14.99 for a small softcover of about 100 pages, paragraphs double-spaced and photos, so probably 50 pages of text. The evidence consists of the painting in The Sun which may or may not be a Sickert and the mysterious "de le re Brett", who as far as I know is in fact the un-mysterious Charles De La Ree Bott.

        Charles De La ree Bott or Breyette as he may have been called, and his involvement in the Ripper investigation at the time, has been discussed in my book Jack the Ripper -The Real truth as far back as 2008. Long before Mr Christians "exhaustive" research

        For those who may not have read the book here is the link

        http://www.trevormarriott.co.uk/jack-ripper-real-truth/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          They get ever more desperate don't they? The painting doesn't even look like England, let alone London.

          Comment


          • #6
            A similar article in the Daily Mail also includes a photograph of Mary Kelly, although I must admit I would like to know more before accepting this to be genuine.


            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-identity.html


            Rgds
            John

            Comment


            • #7
              That MJK photo is actually Dr John Williams wife isn't it?

              Comment


              • #8
                John, Paul....

                The photo in the Daily Mail article is John Williams' wife.
                To Join JTR Forums :
                Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                  Charles De La ree Bott or Breyette as he may have been called, and his involvement in the Ripper investigation at the time, has been discussed in my book Jack the Ripper -The Real truth as far back as 2008. Long before Mr Christians "exhaustive" research

                  For those who may not have read the book here is the link

                  http://www.trevormarriott.co.uk/jack-ripper-real-truth/

                  I say that in my Ripperologist review, Trevor. I also observe that you correctly named the gentleman in two of your books, but Paul Christian got the name wrong so I can only conclude that he didn't read them even though he says you told him about Bott when he interviewed you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                    In October 2013, while working as a journalist on a local newspaper, in Hertfordshire, Paul Christian entered a world of intrigue and mystery surrounding the most famous unsolved murder case of them all - that of Jack the Ripper. He made contact with sources who claimed to know the identity of the infamous Victorian serial killer and provided new leads linking him to the murky 1880s art scene. Most shocking of all a previously unseen painting finally reveals who the bloodthirsty killer, who preyed on prostitutes in 1888, was. The Inevitable Jack the Ripper also delves deeper into London's past, revealing the sinister history of the city's stalkers in the night and a brutal legacy that made the appearance of Jack the Ripper unavoidable. Exhaustive research and journalistic experience are intertwined to present how the Jack the Ripper phenomenon gripped the world in 1888 and still does today.

                    Take that Paul Begg ! Exhaustive research.....

                    I think Paul Christian has a different concept of "exhaustive" to mine. As far as I can tell, he's done no research at all.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Paul Butler View Post
                      They get ever more desperate don't they? The painting doesn't even look like England, let alone London.
                      Looks continental, French most likely. And those two strips of cloth on the flagpole - blue and red - evoke the Tricolore.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think so too. The shutters look continental. The signature doesn't look right to me either.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I whole heartedly agree with you both. My thoughts precisely.

                          Comment


                          • #14






                            To Join JTR Forums :
                            Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks How.


                              Perhaps it's just me, but doesn't Mary Kelly look like a duck billed platypus in this?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X