No announcement yet.

L'pool Mary Jane Kelly/Wilson and James Whistler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You never know what catches someone’s eye or heart. I know Sickert’s mother was part Irish so that might have done it if anything.

Anyway, he went to Dieppe as a single man in August of 1884. He had a lot of house guests in Dieppe so he could have used a nanny or a babysitter for them.

Comment

The A to Z has more in what Pash “said” about Mary, including cleaning floors in the Infirmary and working in a shoddy shop (?).

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
        Who refers to them as pre-Raffaelite?
        Brazilian football fans?
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
          The A to Z has more in what Pash “said” about Mary, including cleaning floors in the Infirmary and working in a shoddy shop (?).
          Who refers to her shop as “shoddy” (Pash or the A to Z) and what’s that supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
            Who refers to her shop as “shoddy” (Pash or the A to Z) and what’s that supposed to mean?
            I just posted on the Ochse thread, the true and original meaning of "shoddy".
            The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
              I just posted on the Ochse thread, the true and original meaning of "shoddy".
              Thanks, Anna. I'll put up the links here:

https://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=30871

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/shoddy.html

Comment

The Agelasto family connection here is distant so I want to show that the parties involved actually knew one another through business and friendship:

The mother of Margaret Rawlinson (MJW’s niece) served Augustus Agelasto and his son Stephen. Stephen was a close associate of James Whistler’s “good friend”, Alexander Ionides.

Stephen Agelasto and Alexander Ionides were co-directors of the London branch of the Bank of Constantinople and worked together at the Greek exchange and in charitable organizations.

Comment

Working...
                X