• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanny Adams

Attached Files

Comment

• Tumblety

Click image for larger version  Name:	289963554_10224121510399100_547091011845102795_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	690.9 KB ID:	593472

Click image for larger version  Name:	289996696_10224121509759084_4375629361420558438_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	701.7 KB ID:	593474 Click image for larger version  Name:	290083471_10224121512039141_1990947900743248474_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	487.0 KB ID:	593475

Comment

• I don't know if I will get the chance anytime soon but these are the details for Roslyn Donston Stephenson. Not much to go on but I am sure a photo of the spot before and there was no monument/marker or anything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Donston Stephenson burial record forums.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	593478

Comment

• The problem in I&StP is that many squares have been cleared, and I don't know for what purpose, since they have not been reused and have become real jungles, but plot K3 I think is intact, so even if it doesn't have tombstone, following the sequence of the numbers of the ones that remain standing we can find the exact place. In addition, it does not seem that it was a common grave, since only two people have been buried in the same grave. It shouldn't be too hard to find, Apparently it's the same square where Lottie Collins is buried. I may come this weekend and I'll post the photo here.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Hope you find something if you do.
            I'm not sure if Eliza Barrow is there (Frederick Seddon victim). But I think she is in East Finchley and I get confused with the two.

Comment

• Jose:

D'Onston is actually buried underneath the other guy from what I understand. A researcher named Peter Birchwood found his spot in Islington around 20 years ago.
              Details are in an old issue of Ripper Notes.
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                Jose:

D'Onston is actually buried underneath the other guy from what I understand. A researcher named Peter Birchwood found his spot in Islington around 20 years ago.
                Details are in an old issue of Ripper Notes.

​​​​​​Yes, according to Rob's search a certain Alexander Sinton was buried in the same grave, this does not appear to be a common grave and is therefore unusual (unless they were relatives), as only 7 years passed between the two burials.

​​​​​​How, you happen to have that Riper Notes article... the easier the better

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                  Hope you find something if you do.
                  I'm not sure if Eliza Barrow is there (Frederick Seddon victim). But I think she is in East Finchley and I get confused with the two.
                  Rob, I got Eliza Barrow's record from deceasedonline but unfortunately it is not very useful since it does not contain the location of the grave, however it is very interesting to see the exhumation date reflected in it.
                  I have written to I&StP to see if they can clarify some issues for us. At the moment I cannot confirm if Eliza Barrow is in East Finchley or Islington. According to the record sheet (top in the margin) it says "Ground at Finchley", though this doesn't help much, as Finchley Cemetery was once sometimes applied interchangeably to the two cemeteries.

What does it say at the top of Eliza Barrow's record? Islington or Finchley? so we could know if both are in the same cemetery.

Attached Files

Comment

• I don't know if anyone has added to the discussion about the plans for Tower Hamlets Cemetery, but I've got the whole thing but I haven't got around to printing it off and sticking it together to make a complete big plan.
                    I never get around to it as its quite fiddly... but I intend to do it soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
                      I don't know if anyone has added to the discussion about the plans for Tower Hamlets Cemetery, but I've got the whole thing but I haven't got around to printing it off and sticking it together to make a complete big plan.
                      Jose will be pleased. Is the witness Lechmere at Tower Hamlets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose Oranto View Post

Rob, I got Eliza Barrow's record from deceasedonline but unfortunately it is not very useful since it does not contain the location of the grave, however it is very interesting to see the exhumation date reflected in it.
                        I have written to I&StP to see if they can clarify some issues for us. At the moment I cannot confirm if Eliza Barrow is in East Finchley or Islington. According to the record sheet (top in the margin) it says "Ground at Finchley", though this doesn't help much, as Finchley Cemetery was once sometimes applied interchangeably to the two cemeteries.

What does it say at the top of Eliza Barrow's record? Islington or Finchley? so we could know if both are in the same cemetery.

I would say she was at Islington. Deceased online seem to think so as well. It's confusing as Islington Cemetery is in East Finchley which is what I suspect they are referring to.

I am going to see if I can get to Harriet Staunton in the next few weeks as she is someone I would like to visit and pay my respects to.

Comment

• Jose:

Here's the article in PDF...the issue of Ripper Notes ( Number 18, April 2004 )
                          Attached Files
                          To Join JTR Forums :
                          Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post

Is the witness Lechmere at Tower Hamlets?

Yes he is, we just need the map of the square P, but I think the part of the 'P' where Lechmere is is the one in the photo below, so I don't think there's much hope

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
                              I don't know if anyone has added to the discussion about the plans for Tower Hamlets Cemetery, but I've got the whole thing but I haven't got around to printing it off and sticking it together to make a complete big plan.

Edward, your effort would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                                Jose:

Here's the article in PDF...the issue of Ripper Notes ( Number 18, April 2004 )

​​​​​​Thank you very much How. From what I can see in the photo of the article it is another area cleared for nothing, just to let the weeds grow. Looking forward to reading it.

Let's see how the cemetery responds to my email...

Comment

Working...
                                X