The Graveyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
    You know Robert Anderson is at Kensal Green?
    ​​​​​​Yes, Kensal Green is a cemetery that I am very familiar with, I have photos of his grave taken in different years... I also have a very interesting one that I found looking for them one by one few years ago... I look for it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose Oranto View Post

​​​​​​Yes, Kensal Green is a cemetery that I am very familiar with, I have photos of his grave taken in different years... I also have a very interesting one that I found looking for them one by one few years ago... I look for it...
      Grave of Sir James Fitzjames Stephen and James Kenneth Stephen

Sir James Fitzjames Stephen, in a steady mental decline, was accused of unfairness and bias regarding the murder trials of Israel Lipski and Florence Maybrick.

He was also the uncle of Virginia Woolf!

Attached Files

Comment

• I have many graves from Kensal but not related to this topic, although I will point out two that I really like. The first one is from the surgeon Sir Anthony Carlisle, Professor of Anatomy at the Royal Academy. It is said that Mary Shelley was inspired after hearing the stories that William Nicholson and Carlisle told her father about their experiments with electricity.
        Carlisle could be an inspiration model for the character of Victor Frankenstein.

And the second is the sister-in-law of Charles Dickens, Mary Scott Hogarth.

I also have the mother of Oscar Wilde, Curchill's little daughter, who was exhumed not long ago, Wilkie Collins, Thomas Hood and many more

Attached Files

Comment

• And this is also in Kensal Green, Sir Richard Mayne, first Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis. Very happy that my photo was published in 'Rowan and Mayne: A Biography of the First Police Commissioners' by Tony Moore (2021)

Attached Files

Comment

• Sir Robert Anderson

Attached Files

Comment

• The Music Hall Memorial at Streatham Park Cemetery. I wonder how many worked in the East End

Click image for larger version

Name:	Streatham Crematorium 05.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	925.9 KB
ID:	593755 Click image for larger version

Name:	Streatham Crematorium 06.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	438.0 KB
ID:	593756

Comment

• Not strictly Ripper related but he was born in 1888, My favourite comedian Will Hay who was buried next to the Music Hall Memorial at Streatham Park Cemetery.

Name:	Streatham Crematorium 04.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	860.7 KB
ID:	593759

Attached Files

Comment

Not strictly Ripper related but he was born in 1888, My favourite comedian Will Hay who was buried next to the Music Hall Memorial at Streatham Park Cemetery.

Name:	Streatham Crematorium 04.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	860.7 KB
ID:	593759
                  Was he only 60 when he died!!!

Comment

• Sadly yes, been ill a few years.

Comment

• I've never been to Streatham Park Cemetery. I was once looking for Benjamin Charles Leeson at Mitcham Road Cemetery, Queens Road Cemetery and Greenlawn Memorial Park but he was not buried in any of them. They suggested me to ask in Beckenham Cemetery & Crematorium, Figges Marsh Cemetery in Mitcham and South London Cemetery & Crematorium in Streatham, but I gave up. he might be buried at Streatham Park Cemetery.

I see that Streatham Park Cemetery is situated between two interesting cemeteries, Lambeth Cemetery, where Leno and the Chandler family (who died in the Alice Ayres fire) are buried, and Croydon Cemetery, where are buried Tom Norman (the Elephant Man) and Derek Bentley ... I'll post some pics

Comment

• Liliy Templeton who was murdered in 1909 is buried at Lambeth Cemetery under her real name Elizabeth Clarke

Comment

• Croydon Cemetery: Tom Norman (Silver KIng) and Derek Bentley

Attached Files

Comment

Liliy Templeton who was murdered in 1909 is buried at Lambeth Cemetery under her real name Elizabeth Clarke
                            Didn't have idea

Lambet Cemetery

Dan Leno and Chandler family

Attached Files

Comment

• And Charles Frederick Wilson, a member of the Great Train Robbery gang, at Streatham Cemetery

Attached Files

Comment

• My huge competed plan of Tower Hamlets Cemetery - ready for action... Click image for larger version  Name:	20220630_195938.jpg Views:	11 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	593901

Comment

Working...
                                X