Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
    I was hoping they might have had second thoughts, How.😉

That alley is about as Cockney as Billy Connolly.
    Hmmm...Jock the Ripper?

Comment

• I've been doing the "zooming in" thing on photos relating to the Whitechapel murders, so after reading the previous posts in this thread, I decided to zoom in on Ms. Stride's mortuary photo as well as the photo posted by Mr. Poster in this thread on September 1, 2017. I will refer to that photo as Stride-1 and the mortuary photo as Stride-m.

If you zoom in on Stride-1's nose, it looks like this person has right-side nostril damage which might come from a knife wound. If you zoom in on Stride-m's nose, the right nostril might show some damage. What I find interesting is the septums in both photos have similar deformations. Incidentally, Stride-1's right-eye pupil also appears to be damaged.

I've been told Ms. Stride's lower teeth were removed. If you zoom in on Stride-1's mouth, you can't see any teeth, although I'm not sure you would be able to.

I'm curious how it has been determined that Stride-1 is not a photo of Liz Stride.

Larry

Comment

• Hi Larry,

I'm confused. Mr. Poster posted several photographs on September 1, 2017 (and two of Stride). Is this the one you mean?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Stride.JPG Views:	0 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	579497

Maybe it's just me, but she looks a lot like the woman posted directly below her and listed as Mary Kelly in Post #5

I don't own a copy of the book, but the same photograph above appears in John Morris's book, Jack the Ripper: Hand of a Woman. Morris claims it is the Birmingham author Lizzie Williams.

Jack the Ripper May Have Been a Woman spydersden (wordpress.com)

Comment

• Rajah:

The photo of the woman which you posted is that of Dr. John Williams' wife.

To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

• The photo said to represent Stride is not Stride....not because any specific person or group of people say so...it's because it has no provenance.

We know Chapman's photo is legitimate because it came from the descendants of Annie Chapman.

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
              Rajah:

The photo of the woman which you posted is that of Dr. John Williams' wife.
              Thanks, Howard. That's what I figured. Lizzie or Elizabeth Williams.

Am I wrong, or is this not the same woman?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Liz Williams.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	579502 Click image for larger version

Name:	Stride.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	579503

The eyes, nose, and her right ear look similar to me.

Comment

• You got it, R.J.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Thanks
                  Larry

Comment

• I'm preparing a rebuttal - sometimes these things can take a couple of days

Comment

• In order to prepare a rebuttal which anyone would pay attention to, you'd have to provide the provenance of an article or in this case, a photograph. It's your time to waste.

One of the flaws in this field is that any asshole with a photo of his great-great-great aunt can post it on a page related to the Whitechapel Murders....someone else comes along and sees it....believes it is legitimate or actually doesn't care if it's legitimate just as long as they can post a photo of 'Polly Nichols while she was alive".......puts it on their site....and voila, it goes viral....which is what happened with all.....repeat, ALL, of the phony photos that have made their way on to less reputable sites.

In fact, don't post a rebuttal. It's a waste of our bandwidth.
                      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                      X