Clear All

• No Mozart

There is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack The Ripper
    -Camille Paglia-
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

As in Mozart and Liszt I presume.

Comment

Paglia at times says some sensible things, but also some incredible bull.

Georg Nikolaus von Nissen, Mozart's biographer and second husband of his widow (Constanze Mozart) was a Danish diplomat, but unrelated to Le Grand.
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

Paglia On Academic Feminists

Relevant to the current stifling of criticism to Rubenhold :

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Quotes from Camille Paglia in this short You Tube program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5g2U-R43UY
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I just realized that Paglia is a Professor at the University of The Arts in Philadelphia which my daughter attends !
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Maybe together they can explain that perception of serial killers as artists.

Comment

Alarming thread title. Then I looked at the thread and relaxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Birbili View Post
                  Paglia at times says some sensible things, but also some incredible bull.
                  I thought she was responsible for the "marriage is rape" assertion but now I see that it's not attributable to her. So I can't say if she's full of bull at times or not, probably because I can't understand what she's saying.

I think she's talking about male dominance in the two fields and saying the dominance is for the same reason - specifically 'drive' I believe. I think she believes Jack is one of those proverbial 'tableau' killers, and she's not lumping Mozart with a run-of-the-mill killer.

Comment

I have seen that quote before and I have no idea what it means.

Actually, female serial killers are listed in time before JtR but they did it with poison, frequently for financial gain.

Women are capable of terrible acts, for instance the Manson Family women who, IMO did worse things than anything done by JtR.
                    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

It seems to derive from the assertion that "property is theft". I thought it came from Marx but now I find it comes from Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, the "father of ararchism" and the "hero" of the "French lady" candidate Eugenie Roullier's father, who was a "Proudhonian" as well as a "Communard".

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                        There is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack The Ripper
                        -Camille Paglia-
                        Camille, you may ascend to the pantheon of the deepest and most phenomenal thinkers of all time.

Excuse me but you're a dolt, Ms. Paglia. One strike and you're already OUT.
                        Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                        https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                        Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

San Clemente:

Paglia is on record for being pro-pedophilia ( a fan, as was the loathsome looking Allen Ginsberg, of NAMBLA).....so on that note, she's automatically on my shit list. On the other hand, some of her counter points to over the top feminist dogma sound good to me, too.
                          I wasn't inferring she was the Heidegger of these past 100 years, either....but merely pointing out she placed The Ripper on one end of the human scale and ( in this case, as she could have used Rembrandt or Darwin) Mozart on the other.
                          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Heidegger? That's an Australian greeting, isn't it?

Comment

Being and Time Gentlemen Please.

Comment

Working...
                              X