Attachment Problem & Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment Problem & Troubleshooting

It seems that at least one member of the Forums is having difficulty in seeing the attachments I provide on the boards. It may also extend to seeing non-Photobucket attachments. I don't put non-Photobucket attachments on the Forums, but some do and that's absolutely fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion or two on how to alleviate this problem ?

I believe that member's browser settings are most likely the issue.

Does anyone know how to adjust this ?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

How
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

To clarify, numerous others have in the past had this same problem, and it was always the fault of the browser settings. I've never had this problem, and so do not know what was done to rectify the issue. I suspect that it is in the security settings, but I use Firefox and not IE, and also don't know if it is a browser-specific problem.

Please help if you can.

Thanks,
    WTM

Comment

Bump up.

If anyone can suggest how others with problems viewing attachments could step up to the plate here, we'd appreciate it.

One issue is in regard to seeing the hyperlink for the photobucket attachments...but when clicked on for access, the attachments don't appear.

Would going to Internet Options....Privacy....and setting the browser to Medium Security help ?
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I don't use explorer, if thats the browser concerned but clearing caches, removing cookies is usually a cure all.
        Ask the member to try a different browser, firefox, Safari and Chrome are all good alternatives and might provide a workaround until the original can be fixed.
        If the problem is occurring in the new browser then at least he/she will know that it's probably a problem within windows settings and it might be easier to narrow down the possibilities.

Comment

String:

Thanks for your suggestion. Situation under control now,pal.:cool:
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Firewalls. anti-pop-ups, antivirus etc can also prevent certain items showing up in your browser as well as the browser security settings

You can try adding photobucket as a "trusted site" just in case something is identifying it as a security risk

Certain "codecs" to allow viewing of different formats of pictures and video are sometimes required - as is an up-to-date Active X or Flash controller

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
              It seems that at least one member of the Forums is having difficulty in seeing the attachments I provide on the boards. It may also extend to seeing non-Photobucket attachments. I don't put non-Photobucket attachments on the Forums, but some do and that's absolutely fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion or two on how to alleviate this problem ?

I believe that member's browser settings are most likely the issue.

Does anyone know how to adjust this ?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

How
              Hi Howard

The images that I post are from my Flickr site. That includes a number of the icons I post which are not necessarily JtR Forums icons but from elsewhere, such as this parrot which is hosted on my Flickr site as well as the below portrait of yours truly. If anyone has any trouble seeing the images I post let me know.

Chris

Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
              https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
              Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

I have just posted a message on the Hughes-Hallett Gallery thread. I know it went through because it's there on the new posts list. But when I click the link, I can't see the message.

Comment

Bob:

Try it now.
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Anyone else having trouble getting posts? I've changed ISP so I figured it was this end. The page begins to load but never completes. If you cancel loading the page appears. As I say it might be this end.

Comment

Hi How and String

Thanks, but all I see is How's post 02/05/2010.

Comment

I've been having minor problems with the forums along these lines for months now

I first identified it as an ISP problem as when changing pages in the forum it would hang and then I would completely lose my internet connection

It would return if I used the repair facility - I've given my ISP a bit of verbal over this

It was only after a time that I realised this only occurred with this site

It happens quite frequently, but I just either go back one page then forward again, refresh the page a couple of times, or do the repair whereupon it loads the required page

I think it must be a server issue but since no-one else was complaining about it I couldn't be certain it wasn't my network timing out

Comment

Hi Nemo

I think the particular problem I'm having has cropped up before, because the last post I can see is post number 80. Since I have posted on there today, and How has added a second, it's the problem of the next page not appearing. I gather that some posters can see 20, 30 or more posts per page, but I have only ever seen 10 per page and it normally causes no problems.

Comment

Hi Robert

Yes, I think Tim has the solution for that problem

If he didn't then I would have suspected the server was at fault in not updating the page, but it's strange how some people see the posts and some don't

Regards

Nemo

Comment

Actually Robert, I've got the same problem - lol

I can only see as far as post 80 too

Is it because the thread has been archived in some way I wonder?

Comment

Working...
                              X