Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting Point

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
    Received... at last!
    Coals to Newcastle.

    Comment


    • #32
      Cutting Point on YouTube

      https://youtu.be/uIzcnejGOuY

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
        Cutting Point on YouTube

        https://youtu.be/uIzcnejGOuY
        Funny-looking moor.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

          Funny-looking moor.
          The moor, the merrier!
          "In these matters it is the little things that tell the tales" - Coroner Wynne Baxter during the Nichols inquest.

          Comment


          • #35
            How do you want your Moors to look Gary?

            Comment


            • #36
              Click image for larger version

Name:	7A14472C-4B1D-47DF-A8AC-564DC9563874.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	576018
              Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
              How do you want your Moors to look Gary?
              Like Blubberhouses Moor. Unenclosed upland pasture, covered in heather/rough grass - the sort of environment preferred by grouse.

              You’re not trying to suggest the enclosed fields you wandered through in the film are examples of moorland, are you?

              Comment


              • #37
                It was part of the moor.
                Some Yorkshire moors are now housing estates.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
                  It was part of the moor.
                  Some Yorkshire moors are now housing estates.
                  And Moorgate’s in the City of London. The historical name may persist, but housing estates are not moors.

                  Grouse shoots don’t take place in farmers fields with barns in them. Come on, Mr Stow, don’t dig your hole any deeper. You should have worn your walking boots and found some real moorland.









                  Comment


                  • #39
                    If you think it looks less of a moor than you desire, Gary, you may want to consider what the functonalists said: Less is moor!

                    Maybe we should leave the topic of moors and moor lookalikes altogether?
                    "In these matters it is the little things that tell the tales" - Coroner Wynne Baxter during the Nichols inquest.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Christer Holmgren View Post
                      If you think it looks less of a moor than you desire, Gary, you may want to consider what the functonalists said: Less is moor!

                      Maybe we should leave the topic of moors and moor lookalikes altogether?
                      Perhaps we should.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I think it was an ex knackers yard, rather than a barn.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I'm a novice In Ripperology and Christer Holmgren's, 'Cutting Point', was my 2nd JTR book.
                          The first being Sudgen's, 'The Complete History of Jack The Ripper', another excellent book.
                          In my mind, 'Cutting Point', is a breath of fresh air in a field fraught with silly conspiracy theories.
                          Congratulations!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Steve Barrett View Post
                            I'm a novice In Ripperology and Christer Holmgren's, 'Cutting Point', was my 2nd JTR book.
                            The first being Sudgen's, 'The Complete History of Jack The Ripper', another excellent book.
                            In my mind, 'Cutting Point', is a breath of fresh air in a field fraught with silly conspiracy theories.
                            Congratulations!
                            Only just saw this post, and I must of course bow to your generosity - many thanks!
                            "In these matters it is the little things that tell the tales" - Coroner Wynne Baxter during the Nichols inquest.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Hey Fisherman,

                              Belated but sincere congratulations on the publishing of your book - really looking forward to reading it, but to be fair I think we can both safely say that we disagree about almost everything to do with the Bucks row murder (other than that Cross murdered Nichols!) - however it will be nice to be able to read your whole outlook on the case without the usual interruptions.

                              I have long suspected the torso murders to be connected to the Whitechapel murders but have never really had the time to look into it myself, so you've saved me a bit of effort there and I'm interested in seeing what you've found.

                              Just wondering would you mind answering a few quick questions?
                              1, Have you looked into any of the characters on the fringes of the case, the likes of Mrs Scorer, German Moggs, Robert Whiffen, William Connelly, Mr Edmonds et al?
                              2, Have your studies into the Rainham mystery led you to make a hypothesis regarding the origin of the fictional first victim (the Christmas 1887 victim) that appeared in the press lists?
                              3. Do you think Cross killed anyone after Coles?

                              Best wishes, Fish.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Mr. Lucky View Post
                                Hey Fisherman,

                                Belated but sincere congratulations on the publishing of your book - really looking forward to reading it, but to be fair I think we can both safely say that we disagree about almost everything to do with the Bucks row murder (other than that Cross murdered Nichols!) - however it will be nice to be able to read your whole outlook on the case without the usual interruptions.

                                I have long suspected the torso murders to be connected to the Whitechapel murders but have never really had the time to look into it myself, so you've saved me a bit of effort there and I'm interested in seeing what you've found.

                                Just wondering would you mind answering a few quick questions?
                                1, Have you looked into any of the characters on the fringes of the case, the likes of Mrs Scorer, German Moggs, Robert Whiffen, William Connelly, Mr Edmonds et al?
                                2, Have your studies into the Rainham mystery led you to make a hypothesis regarding the origin of the fictional first victim (the Christmas 1887 victim) that appeared in the press lists?
                                3. Do you think Cross killed anyone after Coles?

                                Best wishes, Fish.
                                Hi Mr Lucky,

                                Happy New Year!

                                I’m sure you will enjoy Christer’s book as much as I did.

                                I’m curious about your mention of Robert Whiffen being on the fringes of the case. Are you referring to the Harrison, Barber yard man who allegedly stole a ring belonging to Alfred Barber?


                                Gary

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X