Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
        Cutting Point on YouTube

https://youtu.be/uIzcnejGOuY
        Funny-looking moor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

Funny-looking moor.
          The moor, the merrier!
          "In these matters it is the little things that tell the tales" - Coroner Wynne Baxter during the Nichols inquest.

Comment

How do you want your Moors to look Gary?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7A14472C-4B1D-47DF-A8AC-564DC9563874.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	576018
              How do you want your Moors to look Gary?
              Like Blubberhouses Moor. Unenclosed upland pasture, covered in heather/rough grass - the sort of environment preferred by grouse.

You’re not trying to suggest the enclosed fields you wandered through in the film are examples of moorland, are you?

Comment

It was part of the moor.
                Some Yorkshire moors are now housing estates.

Comment

It was part of the moor.
                  Some Yorkshire moors are now housing estates.
                  And Moorgate’s in the City of London. The historical name may persist, but housing estates are not moors.

Grouse shoots don’t take place in farmers fields with barns in them. Come on, Mr Stow, don’t dig your hole any deeper. You should have worn your walking boots and found some real moorland.

Comment

If you think it looks less of a moor than you desire, Gary, you may want to consider what the functonalists said: Less is moor!

Maybe we should leave the topic of moors and moor lookalikes altogether?
                    "In these matters it is the little things that tell the tales" - Coroner Wynne Baxter during the Nichols inquest.

Comment

Originally posted by Christer Holmgren View Post
                      If you think it looks less of a moor than you desire, Gary, you may want to consider what the functonalists said: Less is moor!

Maybe we should leave the topic of moors and moor lookalikes altogether?
                      Perhaps we should.

Comment

I think it was an ex knackers yard, rather than a barn.

Comment

I'm a novice In Ripperology and Christer Holmgren's, 'Cutting Point', was my 2nd JTR book.
                          The first being Sudgen's, 'The Complete History of Jack The Ripper', another excellent book.
                          In my mind, 'Cutting Point', is a breath of fresh air in a field fraught with silly conspiracy theories.
                          Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Barrett View Post
                            I'm a novice In Ripperology and Christer Holmgren's, 'Cutting Point', was my 2nd JTR book.
                            The first being Sudgen's, 'The Complete History of Jack The Ripper', another excellent book.
                            In my mind, 'Cutting Point', is a breath of fresh air in a field fraught with silly conspiracy theories.
                            Congratulations!
                            Only just saw this post, and I must of course bow to your generosity - many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X