I think I'm a bit fed up now..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm a bit fed up now..

..and I have a modest Ripper book collection that I think it's time to sell. Nothing rare so don't get too excited! Just pm me for a list if you think you are lacking and I will see if I can help.
    Debs xxx

I think there's a lot not to be fed up about with numerous lines of enquiry, which help us to understand the case as it developed, and to put into proper context the scant details that we have in official and press records.
    And obviously you have played a big part in unearthing these details.

Comment

I trust you're not leaving us, Debs?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
        I trust you're not leaving us, Debs?
        No, just having a little break, Robert....and de-cluttering!

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
          I think there's a lot not to be fed up about with numerous lines of enquiry, which help us to understand the case as it developed, and to put into proper context the scant details that we have in official and press records.
          And obviously you have played a big part in unearthing these details.
          I still enjoy the research, Ed. and you've kept me going with it these last few weeks or I might have been fed up much sooner.

Comment

Keep up with the good work, Debs. Have a break from this stuff and come back refreshed.

All the best

Chris
            Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
            https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
            Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

The woman knows her limits.

Comment

The nature of my job, and where I live, allows me time and luxury sometimes to wander down and go to get eyes on. Also I can see people involved in this 'business' personally quite frequently and talk face to face. If I couldn't do this I'm sure I would get fed up more often.

Today I went down to Tower Hamlets Registry Office at Bromley Public Hall and got a certificate for someone I am looking at. While I waited for it I wandered around to Tower Hamlets Cemetery - it was sunny and it is getting overgrown already, but has that romantic look that the designers wanted. I always think I might see someone's name a grave that ring's a bell - but never do!
                Then I went to Tower Hamlets Local History Library to look something up and parked in the old Charrington's Brewery (it's now a trading estate car park that's free for 90 minutes - free parking is very rare in this neck of the woods - the Registry Office also has a free car park, and I resent paying to park!)
                What I was looking for didn't exist, but I had to close off the possibility, and I looked something else up of interest while I was there.

Doing this sort of thing now and then breaks up the sometimes sterile and one dimensional dependence on my laptop, which I am sure would drive me mad.

Comment

No, just having a little break, Robert....and de-cluttering!
                  Well, that's a bit of a relief.

With the recent death of Philip Sugden I was thinking to myself who out there does impressive, Sugden-like work. Who am I really impressed by and consider to be at, or near the top of the field. Several names sprung to mind but the name that popped into my head first was Debra Arif. That's just my opinion, of course, but it would be a very great shame, I think, if you decided to chuck it in Debs. Relax, reboot and come back stronger.

Wolf.

Comment

I second that emotion, Wolf. Spot on.

Hang in there, Debs. It ain't like objective, dedicated researchers are plentiful in this field... And from time to time we experience "burnout" even in something that we love. If I could, I'd take you fishin'. That always takes care of everything for me.
                    Best Wishes,
                    Cris Malone

Comment

Aww thanks for all your lovely messages guys-I feel all warm and fuzzy now. I am genuinely touched (But I do still need to de-clutter!)
                      I'm off to Whitby tomorrow for the weekend and although it's not fishin' with Cris, maybe I will feel a bit better when I get back.
                      xxx

Comment

Debs, you've become one of the very top people in this field, so don't throw it all away.

Minor point : always sends a shiver down my spine when a woman talks of de-cluttering. The fear is, how much of my stuff is she going to de-clutter?

But anyway, hope you come back with renewed enthusiasm.

Comment

Ach things aren't that bad looking.

Comment

break

Hello Debs. Well, you deserve a break--just not TOO long. heh-heh.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Hi Debs

If anyone deserves a break and wind down I think you would be it - but as been stated try not to make it too long, who will I bounce ideas off?

Tracy xx

P.s have a great weekend, shame didn't know sooner it's only an hour away, could have met up......if I had a car........or a driving license......
                              If you're going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.

Comment

Working...
                              X