Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Jack the Ripper Write a Short Story? Or Did Someone Name Him in One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Jack the Ripper Write a Short Story? Or Did Someone Name Him in One?

http://missingpersonscommentary.blog...-story-or.html
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

No, he wasn't seen hovering over a body.

Very literary chap, our Charlie. Not bad at all for a carman. And he had a lot of nerve, sending this story to a toffs' rag like the Westminster Budget (unless the Budget got it from somewhere else - after all, the story was published in the Weston-Super-Mare Gazette five months later in November).

Very strange chap too. After being so determined to call himself Cross in 1888, he comes right out and publishes a disguised confession by using his 'true' name in 1894.

Granted there is a slight coincidence involving meat, and also one involving name. As for the name, on 18th December 1894 Sir Edmund Lechmere, MP for Evesham, died suddenly. Yet when the Conservatives picked a candidate to contest the vacant seat, several newspapers miscalled Sir Edmund Lechmere Sir Charles Lechmere.

As for the meat, I think Fish and Ed need more of it on the bones of their theory.

Comment

Bob:

Here's an article I posted a couple of days ago about Sir Edward Cross...er, Lechmere

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread....ere#post340204

You have to wonder where the author of the blog came up with the idea that Cross is 'considered a leading suspect in the murders'.

Certainly not among researchers
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

Hi How

Berry reportedly stopped off on his way home from an execution, and regaled all and sundry with stories of his hangings, even going so far as to distribute visitor cards with 'public executioner' on them. Berry branded the claims libellous.

Comment

And now, it appears, we must accept and embrace Charlie's literary outpourings from a pen steeped in blood and gore.

With regard to his "hovering" activities I can now state, officially, that he possessed the ability to levitate.

Comment

Working...
          X