No announcement yet.

Serbian book on JTR from 1920s on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to bid quite respectably on the Serbian item but I forgot it was closing and came back to it 15 minutes after it had ended. I was gutted it went for the opening bid (value of content aside, the value of the actual physical ITEM made it very desirable). I did contact the seller, who was good enough to reply, but it had already been paid for and sent. I was following this one throughout and, personally, I think the seller's been as helpful and honest as they could be.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Yes, Phil, I asked the seller some questions as well and always got prompt and nice replies. I do not know why people reacted so negatively.

" I did contact the seller, .... but it had already been paid for and sent"
      What does that mean, trying to secure the item after end of auction?

bestest
      c

Comment

Hi Phil
        Sorry you missed it.
        Anyone know who did finally buy it?

Comment

Hi Christian - nah, it was a case of contacting them to tell them I had forgotten to bid and that if the sale fell through, I was interested.

Chris - this very evening I believe I found out who bought it. It was someone we know in the field if my information is correct, so it's not 'lost'.

PHILIP
          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

good it ain't lost. Although I'd prefer to wait years for the German original than for someone to translate from serbian.
            Oh, and tell Tom to get...
            ;-)
            c

Comment

For those interested, Stephen Ryder located it this past weekend in German...
              Tommy Schachner, webhost of the German JTR website, also has been able to find it.

Here :

http://digital.staatsbibliothek-berl...YSID=PHYS_0024
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X