Richard Whittington Egan - Jack The Ripper : The Definitive Casebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Whittington Egan - Jack The Ripper : The Definitive Casebook

Has mention been made of the release of his new book shortly?
    www.darkdeedswales.com

Dear Bob:

Here's a link to the W-E book....no date has been set yet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Ripper-...ack+the+ripper

P.S. I thoroughly enjoyed From Hell....thanks for writing it.
    I intend to re-read it next week for ideas.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

Dear Bob:

I have no idea how or why the thread got closed !
      I've reopened it.
      Sorry about that !!!
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

08/25/2013

Yet another postponement of the Egan work.

You have to wonder whether this book will ever appear.

We're writing about the order you placed on August 14, 2013 (Order# 112-2146616-1895412). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Whittington-Egan, Richard "Jack the Ripper: The Definitive Casebook"
        Estimated arrival date: October 31, 2013 - November 04, 2013

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Richard Whittington Egan is becoming or has already become the J. D. Salinger of Ripperology.

Chris
          Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
          https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
          Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris G. View Post
            Richard Whittington Egan is becoming or has already become the J. D. Salinger of Ripperology.
            Except that millions of people bought Salinger's books and practically nobody bought RW-E's original book. And at 25 quid a pop I doubt that too many people will be buying its new incarnation.
            Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

Originally posted by Chris G. View Post

Chris
              Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
              Except that millions of people bought Salinger's books and practically nobody bought RW-E's original book. And at 25 quid a pop I doubt that too many people will be buying its new incarnation.
              Hi Stephen

You are correct about the numbers but then Ripperology is a "niche" market, isn't it, except perhaps for breakout authors such as Stephen Knight and Patricia Cornwell, the latter of course bringing a huge following with her before she wrote her book on Sickert. What I mean though is that RWE's much awaited book is becoming almost mythical just like Salinger's reputation became mythical.

Best regards

Chris
              Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
              https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
              Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Tell you the truth Chris....I wonder how good the book will be if RWE is unaware of Message Board Ripperology and its perpetual improvement of case study.
                Mr. Rumbelow dropped the ball big time on D'Onston...and he's probably perused the boards from time to time....not sure about RWE, especially since it might not be how he depends on acquiring case data.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                  Tell you the truth Chris....I wonder how good the book will be if RWE is unaware of Message Board Ripperology and its perpetual improvement of case study.
                  Mr. Rumbelow dropped the ball big time on D'Onston...and he's probably perused the boards from time to time....not sure about RWE, especially since it might not be how he depends on acquiring case data.
                  Howard
                  All the big players have dropped the ball big time but some still look on them as the untouchables and wont have a bad word said against them.

Comment

amazon uk have emailed me to bring forward the publication & delivery dates for this book. Apparently I could recieve it by next friday!

In addition, they also have it listed as in stock!

Comment

That's great, Lemon! I have my copy pre-ordered from amazon.com, but since I'm in the states I don't expect such luck. But I'm definitely looking forward to this book.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        Howard
                        All the big players have dropped the ball big time but some still look on them as the untouchables and wont have a bad word said against them.
                        The untouchables go to primary source material, rather than pilfer or get someone else to do it.

Their base understanding of the case far outweighs the new guard, whose errors are basic and repetitive.

Monty

Comment

Has Trevor already read W-E's new book? What balls has he dropped?

I will say that Don Rumbelow's latest book was a sad disappointment.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                            The untouchables go to primary source material, rather than pilfer or get someone else to do it.

Their base understanding of the case far outweighs the new guard, whose errors are basic and repetitive.

Monty
                            Well the untouchables make mistakes..plenty of them too.

And they dont have to rely on 2nd hand-me-down waiters to serve up their meals for them either, or polish their shoes, or scrape the *** off the heels, or defend them at every turn, or wax lyrically over their every word. Nor do they ask their minions to throw crap and pour scorn upon others constantly either....they know they dont have to.

Because they don't need all that back up.

What they need is revisiting from time to time.

And if some people don't like it..I recommend Richard Whittington Egan's other JTR book... with all the errors and wrong-uns in.

Or McCormick with his made up stories and fairytales

Or Farson and his made up rubbish too.

I'll willingly admit some of these people WERE giants... a long long time ago.

The truth is, they no longer are. Pioneers perhaps... giants and untouchables? No.

Comparison? Harold Larwood ISN'T the greatest fast bowler... he MAY HAVE BEEN at one time, but his efforts has been superceded by more in-depth, greater and more technically detailed bowlers. Thats just the way it is Monty.

Phil

Phil
                            from 1905...to 19.05..it was written in the stars

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                              Has Trevor already read W-E's new book? What balls has he dropped?

I will say that Don Rumbelow's latest book was a sad disappointment.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                              Hello Tom,

Careful old chap... you'll get the back up of the field soldiers saying things like that.

Phil
                              from 1905...to 19.05..it was written in the stars

Comment

Working...
                              X