Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bank Holiday Murders by Tom Wescott (2014)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It sounds like an interesting read

    Have you discussed the content anywhere online Tom?

    Comment


    • #17
      Nice little page, Tom !
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Dusty Miller View Post
        Well done Tom, looking forward to this book. Great title by the way.

        Is your site suggesting we burn the book? Come to think of it, how do you burn a kindle? I know, I know, with a candle.
        Hi Dusty. Yes, I recommend burning many, many copies of the book. Which of course will have to be purchased first. (wink).

        Yours truly,

        Tom Wescott

        Comment


        • #19
          Thanks Howard and Neems,

          No, I really haven't discussed TOO much about the contents except little bits here and there on the boards. I would like to, but circumstances beyond my control have made it prudent I wait until February and closer to the release date to do so.

          Yours truly,

          Tom Wescott

          Comment


          • #20
            Tom, love you and all that. But tis a brave soul who uses the word 'true' in the title of a book in this strange and remarkable genre which is generally recognized by the real world as the most corrupt and untruthful pile of shite that ever got deposited by a very large Shire horse on Roadside in 1888. But I do wish you well in your truth telling!

            Comment


            • #21
              I'm pretty sure that Tom will do well, A.P., as he is among the most knowledgeable Ripperologists on the sphere....nice of you to congratulate him.
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact [email protected]

              Comment


              • #22
                Nice one Tom.

                I shiver with antici......pation. (Or maybe it's the rain)

                Seriously though Tom, well done for finishing your book. I look forward to reading it.

                Best wishes
                alex
                But for me, in my impenetrable mantle, the safety was complete. Think of it – I did not even exist!
                (HJFSotC – SCoDJaMH – RLS, 1886)
                https://www.amazon.com/author/alexchisholm
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B006JFY5TC

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by A.P. Wolf View Post
                  Tom, love you and all that. But tis a brave soul who uses the word 'true' in the title of a book in this strange and remarkable genre which is generally recognized by the real world as the most corrupt and untruthful pile of shite that ever got deposited by a very large Shire horse on Roadside in 1888. But I do wish you well in your truth telling!
                  This is one of those rare instances where you do indeed have room to talk. Your book more than lived up to its name...what was it again? Oh yes...Myth.

                  Thanks for the well-wishes, AP.

                  Yours truly,

                  Tom Wescott

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Alex View Post
                    Nice one Tom.

                    I shiver with antici......pation. (Or maybe it's the rain)

                    Seriously though Tom, well done for finishing your book. I look forward to reading it.

                    Best wishes
                    alex
                    Thanks, Chiz. I think it's about time you put out another opus, is it not?

                    Yours truly,

                    Tom Wescott

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Aye, maybe so Tom. But I think "Doctors, Jekyll, and Hyde the Ripper" has been too long in the research and planning to be of any use now. Such is life!

                      Many congratulations again, Tom.

                      All the best
                      alex
                      But for me, in my impenetrable mantle, the safety was complete. Think of it – I did not even exist!
                      (HJFSotC – SCoDJaMH – RLS, 1886)
                      https://www.amazon.com/author/alexchisholm
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B006JFY5TC

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Looking forward to reading your book Tom!! Congrats.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Alex View Post
                          Aye, maybe so Tom. But I think "Doctors, Jekyll, and Hyde the Ripper" has been too long in the research and planning to be of any use now. Such is life!

                          Many congratulations again, Tom.

                          All the best
                          alex
                          Really? I would think the more research the better the book would be!

                          Yours truly,

                          Tom Wescott

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Alan Bartlome View Post
                            Looking forward to reading your book Tom!! Congrats.
                            Thanks Alan!

                            Yours truly,

                            Tom Wescott

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                              Really? I would think the more research the better the book would be!

                              Yours truly,

                              Tom Wescott
                              Ah Tom, I've accrued a wealth of information pertinent to the cultural construction of the Ripper myth - a penchant for the Gothic, unease with the "New Priesthood," and the significance of "Jekyll and Hyde" in the weeks prior to, and after the onslaught of Whitechapel murder - but I'm not sure such things are of any great interest to others.

                              Anyhoo, this is not the place to discuss such things. This is your thread, for your book, and I wish you all the best with it.

                              Best wishes
                              alex
                              But for me, in my impenetrable mantle, the safety was complete. Think of it – I did not even exist!
                              (HJFSotC – SCoDJaMH – RLS, 1886)
                              https://www.amazon.com/author/alexchisholm
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B006JFY5TC

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Hi Alex,

                                It's as good a thread as any for it. I'm not so sure there's much interest in my book, but I had to write it you know. You should just look for an angle.

                                Yours truly,

                                Tom Wescott

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X