X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine came this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
      Has anyone else, other than Tom Wescott and myself, purchased a copy of the work ?
      I was beginning to wonder the same thing, Howard. Glad to see others are receiving theirs.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by John Malcolm View Post
        Got mine today, along with the updated version of The London of Jack the Ripper Then and Now.
        Updated? Is there new stuff?

My copy has arrived. I've just finished 1 other book, so the forgotten victims is due to be started upon this week (sorry Tom, that means the bank holiday murders will now be read just after...)

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonjelly View Post
          Updated? Is there new stuff?

My copy has arrived. I've just finished 1 other book, so the forgotten victims is due to be started upon this week (sorry Tom, that means the bank holiday murders will now be read just after...)
          The paperback edition of 'The London of Jack the Ripper' is the most up to date version. And the paperback edition was first published 2009/10 with a matt cover. Can't remember the exact year of hand. It was reprinted last year, again in paperback but with a glossy cover. It is the same text as the 2009/10 edition. I am not to sure if it will get revised again. Probably not advisable at the moment with the amount of work going on in Durward Street and Mitre Square and the future of the Fruit Exchange is still uncertain.

Rob

Comment

The Forgotten Victims

Got stuck in yesterday and am about a third of the way through...what a cracking good read...it's like the buses...you wait ages and then....

And there's still Helena's paperback to come....

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
              Great stuff on Wynne Baxter, including surprise and a bombshell (for me at least) as to who he thought was behind the Ripper murders.
              Hi Tom,

Is that the bombshell which appeared in my 2005 article on Baxter?

Adam

Comment

My copy came last week but I've had no time to actually read it other than a quick scan through the chapter dealing with Carrie Brown's murder. Sadly, a lot of errors here.

Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Wood View Post
                  Hi Tom,

Is that the bombshell which appeared in my 2005 article on Baxter?

Adam
                  Hi Adam, probably. Don't be offended. My mind was in a different area of the case back then, so that detail wouldn't have jumped out at me. That's why I always say you occasionally have to go back and read stuff again because new things will pop out at you that didn't before because your perspective changes over time.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                    The paperback edition of 'The London of Jack the Ripper' is the most up to date version. And the paperback edition was first published 2009/10 with a matt cover. Can't remember the exact year of hand. It was reprinted last year, again in paperback but with a glossy cover. It is the same text as the 2009/10 edition. I am not to sure if it will get revised again. Probably not advisable at the moment with the amount of work going on in Durward Street and Mitre Square and the future of the Fruit Exchange is still uncertain.

Rob
                    Thank you Rob.
                    I do like my hardback version!

Comment

Bump

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Here is an excellent review of John and Paul’s book by Judith Flanders, one of our very best authors and historians. It was published on her website a few days ago.

http://www.judithflanders.co.uk/jack-the-ripper-review/

Incidentally, I have a spare copy of Forgotten Victims. Yale sent me a review copy a couple of months ago and they kindly sent me a second copy when it was published earlier this month. A duplicate copy is too precious to lie around unused. Let’s have a little competition.

Name one other book co-authored by John and Paul. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR ANSWERS AS A PRIVATE MESSAGE. First name pulled out of the hat on Friday evening at 22:00 wins the book. I’ll then announce the winner, contact them and obtain their address, and send the book free of charge. Solutions welcome from all over the world.

If you don’t win, and you don’t already own a copy, BUY ONE. It’s that good.

(How: Hope this competition is okay with you.)

Comment

Dave:
                          By all means its okay, old bean !
                          To Join JTR Forums :
                          Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by David Green View Post
                            Here is an excellent review of John and Paul’s book by Judith Flanders, one of our very best authors and historians. It was published on her website a few days ago.

http://www.judithflanders.co.uk/jack-the-ripper-review/

Incidentally, I have a spare copy of Forgotten Victims. Yale sent me a review copy a couple of months ago and they kindly sent me a second copy when it was published earlier this month. A duplicate copy is too precious to lie around unused. Let’s have a little competition.

Name one other book co-authored by John and Paul. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR ANSWERS AS A PRIVATE MESSAGE. First name pulled out of the hat on Friday evening at 22:00 wins the book. I’ll then announce the winner, contact them and obtain their address, and send the book free of charge. Solutions welcome from all over the world.

If you don’t win, and you don’t already own a copy, BUY ONE. It’s that good.

(How: Hope this competition is okay with you.)
                            Hi Dave, please send that free copy to Scott Nelson so he'll have something to read.

And ask Judith to post her review to Amazon.com/uk where it can do Paul and John some good.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Errr, that's OK Dave. Give it to some underprivileged Ripperology student instead.

Comment

I say give it to Mike Richards, because every poster should own at least one Ripper book.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X