The Real Mary Kelly - Wynne Weston-Davies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
    I casually flicked through a copy at my local Waterstones and came across a photo of Breezers Hill.
    I can understand your being excited, Gary, but that's a bit extreme.

Just saying.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
    (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      I can understand your being excited, Gary, but that's a bit extreme.

Just saying.
      Gareth,

I came over all unnecessary and just had to splash out on a copy.

Gary

Comment

Has anyone noticed that Mr. Davies has identified Julia Venturney ( Page 264-265 ) after 127 years ? If someone else has done this, that is, identifying Venturney before Mr. Davies did, my apologies.

Her real name was Julia Charlotte Cook, born in 1841 in Fulham...who married an Italian fellow named Antonio Venturini.

Hats off to Wynne !
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact [email protected]

Comment

How,

He cites Rootschat as his source.

Gary

Comment

Chris got part of the way :

http://www.casebook.org/ripper_media...venturney.html

Comment

Thanks Bob and Gary....

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                I think Chris got further in later years, Robert:

Click image for larger version

Name:	venteney.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	555098

Comment

That's Chris, Debs!

Comment

I thought the podcast questioning was somewhat gentle with WWD over a host of issues.
                    The Maundrell-McLeod brothel owning allegation for starters.
                    Then there is the unsubstantiated claim that Craig stalked his erstwhile wife - which supposedly caused her to morph into Mary Kelly.
                    Then there's the unsubstantiated claim that Craig lived in the East End between 1885 and 1888.
                    The timings really don't fit either between Craig's last known information about his wife - in mid August 1885 in North London - and Kelly's appearance in the East End soon after - with a trip to France and work in a Knightsbridge brothel in between.

Comment

Thanks Debs ! I thought you were away...good to see you back !
                      XXXXXXXX
                      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I've just finished listening to the podcast and found it enjoyable.
                        It was really refreshing to hear an author say he is presenting a theory only, and being okay with the idea that some of us will scrutinise his research very carefully and even accepting that doing that doesn't make us crackpots, anoraks, stuck in our ways or blinkered!!

One point I wanted to make; Jonathon mentioned that those of us who are interested in looking at the research in finer detail have not yet come up with a credible identification of Elizabeth Weston Davies after 1885, while I agree Wynne's Great Aunt hasn't been found after that date, making the theory she was MJK more plausible, I would point out the huge cost involved (buying certificates) in proving for certain that she did in fact disappear and didn't just end up becoming plain old Elizabeth Davies born 1857 ish in Merionethshire (Like Mary Kelly born 1864 ish in Ireland, not a great rarity!) who may have died or remarried anywhere in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                          Thanks Debs ! I thought you were away...good to see you back !
                          XXXXXXXX
                          Long weekend, How. Got back today, that's why I was late listening to the podcast. xxx

Comment

Debs, I think he's a fair-minded man. Also, I imagine that he wouldn't be heartbroken if it should transpire that his great-aunt did NOT suffer the fate of MJK. And as for the identity of the Ripper, I think it is a side issue for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
                              I thought the podcast questioning was somewhat gentle with WWD over a host of issues.
                              The Maundrell-McLeod brothel owning allegation for starters.
                              Then there is the unsubstantiated claim that Craig stalked his erstwhile wife - which supposedly caused her to morph into Mary Kelly.
                              Then there's the unsubstantiated claim that Craig lived in the East End between 1885 and 1888.
                              The timings really don't fit either between Craig's last known information about his wife - in mid August 1885 in North London - and Kelly's appearance in the East End soon after - with a trip to France and work in a Knightsbridge brothel in between.
                              Perhaps JM should have invited a few of the Cable Street rabble to participate. They at least wouldn't have been overawed by a toff.

Comment

I thought inviting a Canadian was threatening enough.

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X