Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Five: The Lives of Jack the Ripper's Women (Rubenhold, February 2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Salon program without the hand out...April 26th program.
    She literally looks down her nose in this one.....

Book Club LIVE with Hallie Rubenhold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJDaF7Ii678

Bestselling author and social historian Hallie Rubenhold is the author of The FIVE: The Untold Lives of The Women Killed by Jack the Ripper which won the presigious Baillie Gifford Prize for non-fiction this year. She has meticulously reclaimed the five women who became the Ripper’s victims who, until this book, had never been given a voice of their own and, worse, had been disregarded by society for over 130 years.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

• My bias is showing, Howie.

I just read this as:

She has maliciously reclaimed the five women...

Love,

Caz
      X
      I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

• Feast your eyes on this article....The most prominent Forums member is at it again.

https://www.bailliegifford.com/en/uk...e-1598?p=13790

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• I thought the prize was for non-fiction?

Comment

• I see Murder Maps, which is usually pretty good, is toeing the Hallie line in it JtR show which is on right now as I type.

P

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Poster View Post
              I see Murder Maps, which is usually pretty good, is toeing the Hallie line in it JtR show which is on right now as I type.

P
              Of course. It’s now an established fact that Polly, Annie and Kate weren’t prostitutes.

Comment

• Shes very irritating to listen to.

Comment

• “There’s so much sexism and misogyny in this cult, and I’m an outsider. I have become this voodoo doll.”

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• https://petewarden.com/2020/05/26/th...-of-the-story/
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• A voodoo doll is full of holes. As for Hallie's book.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                        A voodoo doll is full of holes. As for Hallie's book.....
                        She seems not to know how a voodoo doll works. It’s a representation of someone to whom you wish to do harm.

Who is Hallie representative of?

Perhaps women in general? Is that the idea, that anyone questioning Hallie’s research is really taking a swipe at the sisterhood in general?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                          She seems not to know how a voodoo doll works. It’s a representation of someone to whom you wish to do harm.

Who is Hallie representative of?

Perhaps women in general? Is that the idea, that anyone questioning Hallie’s research is really taking a swipe at the sisterhood in general?
                          Probably. The whole feminist thing has gotten out of hand and at times now reaches extreme hypocrisy.

Sexual accusations have been effectively used against many politicians in the U.S. If the politician is Republican, or what we say is more conservative or to the right, feminists all jump in and work to destroy the accused.

Meanwhile at this moment, Joe Biden a presidential candidate, is again accused of sexual misconduct against Tara Reade. Since Biden is a Democrat, what many of us refer to as "the left" in this country, there is extreme effort to silence the issue. (But lots of us wonder about the many video clips where Biden has his hands all over squirming females, somehow gravitating to the breast area.)

In the first instance, feminists say, "believe all women". In the second instance they try to destroy the accuser.

HR is cashing in on this mob mentality. They are all what we call 'liberals' and liberals are all about emotion while ignoring facts.
                          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                            liberals are all about emotion while ignoring facts.
                            I know many liberals, myself included, to whom that generalisation does not apply.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                            (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                              I know many liberals, myself included, to whom that generalisation does not apply.
                              I was only using the U.S. definition. It is not the same as in the UK.
                              The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post
                                I was only using the U.S. definition. It is not the same as in the UK.
                                Haha. Yes. In the UK we have the liberal undemocrats. They certainly are something else!

Comment

Working...
                                X