Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Whitechapel Murders of 1888: Another Dead End?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
    Hi John

Where do i book my copy? yours Jeff
    Hi Jeff.

I'll put you down for one and be in touch about the particulars.

Comment

As a self-abuser, I'll go for a copy if you have any left.

Comment

If I'm lucky to get one, it'll bring my collection of Ripper books to a total of six.

Comment

Hello Scott. Yes I have one for you. About half of them spoken for at this point. I'll let you know when they're ready to go out. I'm supposed to have them by the end of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
            As a self-abuser, I'll go for a copy if you have any left.
            Speaking of self-abusers, I re-read hundreds of pages of past articles and message board exchanges in the course of putting the book together. Lots of stuff you'd written (lots of really good stuff) included (like "The Butcher's Row Suspect" from Ripperologist and a nice piece from these forums from around '07- "a Q & A about Kosminski", for example). I had intended to put in a section directing readers to these articles and exchanges, but I went beyond my budget as far as page count goes, so it was one of the many things that were left out. In retrospect, it should have been left in, because I do not give proper credit to those who have gone over the subject matter previously and it goes a long way to explaining why I have come to the conclusions I have. Conclusions I have come to using work by people who've put more time and effort in than I have.

Comment

Hey Jeff & Scott: Please email me at [email protected] with your addresses and I'll let you know the particulars.

That goes for anyone else who may be interested.

They have arrived and I'll be sending them out on Monday.

I need to clean out my Forums private message box!

Comment

My copy arrived this morning - thanks, John.

Comment

Any left? I just picked up on this thread.
                  Thanks for your time,
                  dusty miller

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Miller View Post
                    Any left? I just picked up on this thread.
                    Yes, as of today there are still 21 left. You can email me at [email protected] if you'd like.

Comment

Kindle version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whitechapel...s%2C154&sr=8-1

Comment

Thanks John....I also posted a link to the Kindle edition on another thread.

How
                        To Join JTR Forums :
                        Contact [email protected]

Comment

Another Dead End?

220 pages, softcover, revised and updated. 100 signed & numbered copies. This will be available soon through Loretta Lay Books. She is taking pre-orders (they should be in her hands this week). No price info yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE cover snip 17.9.20 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	561497

https://www.laybooks.com/

Comment

Hi John! "revised and updated"? I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Hi Karsten. Down the road I'll tear it down and rebuild it properly. This time there were typos corrected (found a few more since - I suck at editing), another 1000+ words (mostly footnotes) and about 20 new photos. I used a smaller font which is why the page count is less than the hardcover. I got fed up with my crashing computer and dodgy word processor so this one lacks an index (same as the original). Same ending though!

Comment

Thanks, John! "a smaller font"? Guess, I need reading glasses now... afraid I'm getting a little older...:amen: "about 20 new photos" great... but no new thoughts? Anyway, I must have it.

Comment

Working...
                                X