Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was Jack The Ripper ? (H Division, 2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone should care about plagiarism. There is no excusing it.
    Even Primary school children are taught not to copy others' work and pass it off as their own.

Comment

• I have the book in pdf and read all of the essays. I have to say that they are overall excellent and it is a real shame that their efforts have been affected by the carelessness and laziness of one. I have no doubt Cobb and Stride are one and the same person. I cannot, in all honesty, promote the book in my book group until the matter is resolved between the relevant parties. To those authors, my apologies go to them. For their sake, I hope the matter is resolved soon.

Comment

• Debs
        ...and school kids don't go out after being nailed for nicking others' work and whoop it up as if its nothing.
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact [email protected]

Comment

• I've moved the thread back onto its original place on the boards.
          I had put it in the member's section simply not to advertise it...the book, that is..
          I understand some were miffed at that move. I can understand that.
          Here it shall stay.
          HB
          To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact [email protected]

Comment

• How many here have actually read the book? We're talking about sections in a couple of chapters, not half of the book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
              How many here have actually read the book? We're talking about sections in a couple of chapters, not half of the book.

Well, I have, I got a review copy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                I've moved the thread back onto its original place on the boards.
                I had put it in the member's section simply not to advertise it...the book, that is..
                I understand some were miffed at that move. I can understand that.
                Here it shall stay.
                HB
                Good call, How.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda Lloyd View Post
                  Well, I have, I got a review copy.
                  What was your favorite chapter, Amanda?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                    What was your favorite chapter, Amanda?
                    I enjoyed all of them really, Martin Fido's was poignant, Mick Priestley's was good. I enjoyed Tracys. Probably Michael Hawley's because he is a suspect I know the least about.

Comment

• I got the book as a Father's Day present. I haven't read the "Keith Stride" essay, what's the point I've got the Bennett, Begg book.

I hope it's re-released minus the offending piece and the second introduction, as it's a good book otherwise.

David Cantor's opener is excellent and worth the price alone.
                      Thanks for your time,
                      dusty miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Dusty Miller View Post
                        I got the book as a Father's Day present. I haven't read the "Keith Stride" essay, what's the point I've got the Bennett, Begg book.

I hope it's re-released minus the offending piece and the second introduction, as it's a good book otherwise.

David Cantor's opener is excellent and worth the price alone.

Cantor doesn’t seem to be too impressed by Ed Stow’s Lechmere theory.

Comment

• Who would be?

According to the essay, none of the police, from the Inspectors down to the Bobbies turned up in their work clothes!?!
                          Thanks for your time,
                          dusty miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda Lloyd View Post
                            I enjoyed all of them really, Martin Fido's was poignant, Mick Priestley's was good. I enjoyed Tracys. Probably Michael Hawley's because he is a suspect I know the least about.
                            Thank you Amanda. As I said earlier in this thread, I was very much disappointed in Martin Fido's piece. He actually wrote about Cohen in a December 2012 issue of the Ripperologist (#129), "Rethinking Cohen and Kosminski." He didn't really add much to the chapter in the new book (but I think the Cohen chapter was written well before Martin had his fateful accident).

I mentioned, Mike's piece on Tumblety and David Andersen's chapter on Druitt were stand-outs. I actually thought Anderson's piece was the best in the book.

Sorry I can't be more specific about this stuff because I've passed the book on and didn't take notes.

Dr. Katherine Ramsland's chapter on profiling/psychological struck me as confused - I understand the basics about criminal profiling, the organized/disorganized killer characteristics (which Tom Mosley and I went into in "Murder Most Foul" #153 and #154), but her writing flow was a bit hard to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dusty Miller View Post
                              Who would be?

According to the essay, none of the police, from the Inspectors down to the Bobbies turned up in their work clothes!?!
                              Dust,

Surely, much more could have been made of Ma ‘Fosdyke’s’ background to explain her son’s alleged behaviour than appears in the essay? Perhaps Ed’s keeping it all back for the book. He’s still banging on about her being effectively a knacker, though, hence his recent contribution to the Hardiman discussion.

Gary

Comment

• The Fosdyke Saga, even down to the tripe.
                                Thanks for your time,
                                dusty miller

Comment

Working...
                                X