Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was Jack The Ripper ? (H Division, 2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
    Strange. All the ones I have seen have, must depend on the publisher.
    Once upon a time one just received galley proofs of the text. You received a sheet with the illustrations so that you could check they were correctly captioned, but I don't recall often seeing anything else, except perhaps the cover blurb. It's different these days, what with proofs of the whole book being supplied as a PDF or suchlike. Of course, it may be that picture credits for CSI were supplied to me and that I paid them no attention as I didn't have much to do with sourcing the images. Thank goodness. It sounds like it was a bit of a nightmare for John.

Comment

• Establishing who first released or found an image that is all over the internet - as is often the case - could be almost impossible. Of course sometimes an author or user might be expected to know, through personal contacts.
      But if the provernance is directly pointed out to the user one might expect that user to act accordingly. Were things always conducted in such a manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
        Establishing who first released or found an image that is all over the internet - as is often the case - could be almost impossible. Of course sometimes an author or user might be expected to know, through personal contacts.
        But if the provernance is directly pointed out to the user one might expect that user to act accordingly. Were things always conducted in such a manner.
        I have 1000s of images on my computer and I can safely say I know where most of them have come from. And if I didn't and I was going to use them then I would make the effort to find out where they came from and act accordingly.

Comment

• >>I think you may have said that CAL was the only witness to turn up in his work clothes? You possibly missed out the word civilian?<<

Ah! I must have missed the report that specifically stated, Llewellyn, Tomkins, Nichols, Oram, Monk, Green, Ede, Purkis, Mulshaw, Paul, Mann and Hatfield didn't wear clothes they would have also worked in. How many newspapers bothered to report what Cross wore anyway? One?

Not that the Lechmere essay was the only one to manipulate information to make their favoured suspect look guilty in this contentious tome.

But back to the subject of this thread, theft is theft, but what is an appropriate response?
          Thanks for your time,
          dusty miller

Comment

• I have reached a solution with Ricky about the misuse of my images in his 'Who was Jack the Ripper' book, which we did privately and amicably.

Rob

Comment

• Glad that worked itself out and there’s no hard feelings between you and Cobb and you can comfortably resume slandering me on Facebook like nothing happened.

What’s a little joke about committing trademark violation amongst friends?

JM

Comment

• Gordon Bennett.

Sometimes I think Rubenholds dim opinion of the collective is not far off the mark.

I despair sometimes.

P

Comment

• Coming from a sex pervert, a Neo-Nazi and a total alcoholic failure in everything he does... maybe I should take “creepy” as a compliment?

But it’s the zinger about me being a child rapist/murder that really made you all laugh, eh?

JM

Comment

• Ive really got to take a break from this website.

Its a cesspit at times and not a place one wants to be really.

Enjoy yourselves.

P

Comment

• Had a hard time getting on the thread before...work related issues.

Lets keep the personal jabs off the thread from now on.
                      Its abundantly clear that some people dislike each other for reasons that are their own.

Either continue discussing the book & the issue of plagiarism or I'll have to move it again.

So simmer down.
                      HB
                      To Join JTR Forums :
                      Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Thanks Howard,
                        Those personal friendships and dislikes are directly related to Ricky Cobb’s defenders minimizing his offense and ponying up false equivalencies like Rob’s photos and Ed’s photo when the issue at hand is clearly not similar to either of those cases.
                        If they have specific examples of Paul Begg & John Bennett-or myself for that matter- consciously deceiving the paying public by stealing copyrighted material and claiming it as their own then I’d love to hear it. Otherwise they are just attempting to confuse the issue to protect their buddy while attacking,, slandering (and threatening to steal the trademark of) the messenger.

JM

Comment

• Of course there's a bit of an issue where people being all reasonable here are being anything but on social media....In the interests of getting the full picture, I don't think it's unreasonable to mention public attacks taking place elsewhere?

Comment

• Steve

I've posted a few disputes that occurred off this site that I've been involved with myself...and admittedly, shouldn't have.

I just don't want the purpose of this thread to go into areas which aren't germane to the issue at large.

Hope this is understood.
                            To Join JTR Forums :
                            Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by JMenges View Post
                              Thanks Howard,
                              Those personal friendships and dislikes are directly related to Ricky Cobb’s defenders minimizing his offense and ponying up false equivalencies like Rob’s photos and Ed’s photo when the issue at hand is clearly not similar to either of those cases.
                              If they have specific examples of Paul Begg & John Bennett-or myself for that matter- consciously deceiving the paying public by stealing copyrighted material and claiming it as their own then I’d love to hear it. Otherwise they are just attempting to confuse the issue to protect their buddy while attacking,, slandering (and threatening to steal the trademark of) the messenger.

JM
                              So you think it is acceptable to take someones photo and publish it in a book and use that authors name when he knows fine well it is not his publish?
                              To me and others it is not acceptable and just as bad as plagiarism.

And I am not confusing the issues here. You, Andrew Firth and Steve Stanley are only posting here because it was Ricky. If the book was published by anyone other then Ricky then I would doubt the plagiarism would have been found as quickly.
                              It's the double standards I don't like. You put down to what you Paul and John have done as a simple mistake, could happen to anyone.

Bollocks.

Comment

• Not arguing in one respect....Yes, I do think the 'Fall of the Cobb Empire' will be a red-letter day for the hobby, the real pity is those with something to offer the hobby who've aligned themselves with it

Comment

Working...
                                X