Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was Jack The Ripper ? (H Division, 2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, a bit like the recent conference who had a speaker who several years ago set up a memorial to one of the victims and gladly took peoples money and who allegedly did nothing with it and the money suspiciously disappeared from a paypal account he was responsible for.

Double standards, pot kettle black. If you or anyone else wants to align themselves with disgraceful behaviour like that then good for you. But I don't think you or any of your mates are in a position to preach to me or others who associate themselves with Ricky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
      If the book was published by anyone other then Ricky then I would doubt the plagiarism would have been found as quickly.
      The chapter being “authored” by Ricky Cobb is what made the plagiarism so easy to find.

JM

Comment

Yes, a bit like the recent conference who had a speaker who several years ago set up a memorial to one of the victims and gladly took peoples money and who allegedly did nothing with it and the money suspiciously disappeared from a paypal account he was responsible for.

Double standards, pot kettle black. If you or anyone else wants to align themselves with disgraceful behaviour like that then good for you. But I don't think you or any of your mates are in a position to preach to me or others who associate themselves with Ricky.
        'Whataboutism' there? I'd really like to stick to the question of plagiarism in one specific book....So I won't mention cancelled conferences or tours with no guides.....Because they have no bearing on the thread

Comment

• Rob Clack: 'So you think it is acceptable to take someones photo and publish it in a book and use that authors name when he knows fine well it is not his publish?
          To me and others it is not acceptable and just as bad as plagiarism.

And I am not confusing the issues here. You, Andrew Firth and Steve Stanley are only posting here because it was Ricky. If the book was published by anyone other then Ricky then I would doubt the plagiarism would have been found as quickly.
          It's the double standards I don't like. You put down to what you Paul and John have done as a simple mistake, could happen to anyone.

Bollocks.'

So what you are effectively saying is, that an instance where the photo credits were messed up by the publisher, (a fact verifiable by several people who knew it had happened in 2012) is actually 'bollocks' and in fact was a deliberate act by either Paul Begg or John Bennett to deceive and defraud? And this then makes it just as bad as the actual plagiarism carried out by Cobb? That doesn't add up. Paul and John have no reason to do anything so underhand as not crediting material; it happened to several people, not just you.

So are you accusing Paul and John of wilfully committing a crime? I do hope not.

Yes. I'm here, like Steve, to see the rickety house of cards that is Cobb's lies and deceit collapse in full public view. Why the hell should the Ripper community have to put up with endless devisive gaslighting, lies, and threats from one individual? Ripperology is a historical interest. A hobby. Why should we have our leisure pursuits and the things we create wantonly dissed and devalued and crappily ripped off by that muck spreading oaf?

Yes we hate him. You say that as if it's in someway ill-considered or unfair. Like it would be unfair for a victim of a mugging to hate their assailant. We have every right to take that fraudster to task. The crap he's been responsible for over the last four or five years has left people financially worse off, scared, upset, offended and let down. Perhaps you'd like to explain to Suzie Huntingdon why you're defending someone who deliberately withheld her conference deposit when she realised she couldn't attend last year because her Father was terminally ill? Or perhaps you can enlighten us as to why someone who bid up an item for a charity auction and then failed to pay for it, thus depriving the charity of much needed funds is a mate of yours?
          Finally, why was Cobb's plagiarism found so quickly? Because he has previous. He's stolen text and images from all of us. Anyone with a track record for ripping off others is a prime case for looking very carefully at when he supposedly "writes" something.

Andrew

Comment

• Point provern

Comment

• Deciding that the right way to defend Cobb is to accuse Paul Begg and John Bennett of knowingly stealing and misattributing his images is pretty desperate, sad, but not entirely unexpected. Clacks gone all in.
              There’s only one person who will be proud of what he’s done.
              Nothing left to see here. He’s finished.

JM

Comment

• As if anyone cares what you think.

Comment

• I care what JM has to say. I care when someone is accused of plagiarism and has been consistently unable to refute the allegations. I care that this shows contempt for the plagiarized authors, that it tarnishes the reputations of the other contributors to the book, and I care that people are spending hard earned cash on what is, in part, a con.

What I also care about is how people accused of plagiarism respond when they have failed to clarify their own position. I don't think accusing anyone of being a paedophile is funny or acceptable. To have written offensive posts about a person's young son, no that's a truly nasty and unjustifiable thing to do as well. I also think that snide and pathetic remarks as a means of detracting from the real issue are also unacceptable.

Why would anyone, anyone associate with this man? Why would they wish to justify him and his repulsive comments and, in my case, actions?

Like Ripperology itself there maybe one central issue but until you learn the background and the context you will never have a full understanding of the case.

Comment

• Another day in 'Ripperology'.
                    I was thinking of mentioning the contrast between the pious attitudes of some, and the rehabilitation of the 'Memorial Fundraiser' at the recent conference. I also see people who were eager to grovel around Ricky Cobb a few years ago - when it was more fashionable to do so. I remember it well - Salisbury, images being withheld. And all that.
                    These things are seldom clear cut.
                    If the original messenger had been pure in heart and mind then maybe a different response would have been forthcoming.

I wonder if any other Facebook revelations will be cut and pasted?

Comment

• I wonder if any other Facebook revelations will be cut and pasted?
                      -Ed Stow-

They won't be cut and pasted and then placed here, that's for sure.

I've already said : Stick to the original premise of the thread.

In fact, since I'm not comfortable with leaving the thread open ..... I'll be closing it when I retire for the night and re-open it when I wake up for work.
                      To Join JTR Forums :
                      Contact [email protected]

Comment

• If I may interrupt the flow for a moment, earlier there was a point made about the actual book, and the excellent chapter on Lechmere - and his garbs at the inquest.
                        Now I don't have the wording to hand, but the author (who shall remain nameless) clearly referenced (however clumsily) that Lechmere (in the guise of Cross) wore his apron while he gave evidence. This was pointed out as being an odd detail. Now someone might think it would be perfectly natural for a witness to testify in court while wearing his work apron. But I'm not that way inclined. And I rather doubt most other people would be as well.
                        As for the chosen attire of the other witnesses - policemen, doctors, horse slaughterers, and so on, no odd accoutrements were noted by any journalist.
                        So carping about the good author drawing attention to Lechmere's apron is yet another epic fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzie Huntington View Post
                          I care what JM has to say. I care when someone is accused of plagiarism and has been consistently unable to refute the allegations. I care that this shows contempt for the plagiarized authors, that it tarnishes the reputations of the other contributors to the book, and I care that people are spending hard earned cash on what is, in part, a con.

What I also care about is how people accused of plagiarism respond when they have failed to clarify their own position. I don't think accusing anyone of being a paedophile is funny or acceptable. To have written offensive posts about a person's young son, no that's a truly nasty and unjustifiable thing to do as well. I also think that snide and pathetic remarks as a means of detracting from the real issue are also unacceptable.

Why would anyone, anyone associate with this man? Why would they wish to justify him and his repulsive comments and, in my case, actions?

Like Ripperology itself there maybe one central issue but until you learn the background and the context you will never have a full understanding of the case.
                          This thread isn't about plagiarism it's about a small groups hatred of one person.
                          With all due respect to Howard and his site, why should Ricky have to answer to anyone here? I certainly wouldn't answer to people who are only posting here to attack me.
                          As I have said, I wasn't happy with Ricky and what he did with some of my images. I told him so and dealt with it. And as far as I am concerned it has been dealt with.
                          These people should have a good look at themselves and the way they conduct themselves and with the people they associate themselves with. None of them are whiter than white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
                            If I may interrupt the flow for a moment, earlier there was a point made about the actual book, and the excellent chapter on Lechmere - and his garbs at the inquest.
                            Now I don't have the wording to hand, but the author (who shall remain nameless) clearly referenced (however clumsily) that Lechmere (in the guise of Cross) wore his apron while he gave evidence. This was pointed out as being an odd detail. Now someone might think it would be perfectly natural for a witness to testify in court while wearing his work apron. But I'm not that way inclined. And I rather doubt most other people would be as well.
                            As for the chosen attire of the other witnesses - policemen, doctors, horse slaughterers, and so on, no odd accoutrements were noted by any journalist.
                            So carping about the good author drawing attention to Lechmere's apron is yet another epic fail.
                            If you are going Friday I will point out your mistakes to you. And I hope Ricky asked your permission to use the Lechmere photo.

Comment

If you are going Friday I will point out your mistakes to you. And I hope Ricky asked your permission to use the Lechmere photo.
                              Why not share them here, Rob?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                                Why not share them here, Rob?
                                Past caring about this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X