Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was Jack The Ripper ? (H Division, 2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread back open

Over on FB....

ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT -

Mr How Brown of Jtr forums will be leaving us today, along with all sites our admins control. As someone who claims to represent a website which embraces the ripper community he has persistently shown himself to be anything but neutral and has allowed his own site to be overrun with a rogue element of undesirables who seek to ruin the field for others through jealousy and bitterness. This has almost spilled over into our own group and has been quickly erased.

We will not tolerate such behaviour here and the best way to deter it is to stamp it out of this field, as we have continued to do so over the last few years.

(I think we can all agree this is not only the largest ripper group on social media today, but also the happiest and most encouraging)

As always we put the enthusiast first and foremost and will remove any member who sets out to cause distribution among us and our community.

Cheers
    Rick Cobb
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

• What is "distribution"?

I dont get it and how do you cause it?

P

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Poster View Post
        What is "distribution"?

...and how do you cause it?
        My guess is that it's an auto-complete mangling of "disruption".
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• Ahhh ha.... now I understand.

The sentence at least.

Thanks!

P

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
            Thread back open

Over on FB....

ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT -

Mr How Brown of Jtr forums will be leaving us today, along with all sites our admins control. As someone who claims to represent a website which embraces the ripper community he has persistently shown himself to be anything but neutral and has allowed his own site to be overrun with a rogue element of undesirables who seek to ruin the field for others through jealousy and bitterness. This has almost spilled over into our own group and has been quickly erased.

We will not tolerate such behaviour here and the best way to deter it is to stamp it out of this field, as we have continued to do so over the last few years.

(I think we can all agree this is not only the largest ripper group on social media today, but also the happiest and most encouraging)

As always we put the enthusiast first and foremost and will remove any member who sets out to cause distribution among us and our community.

Cheers
            Rick Cobb
            It's worthy of Goebbals or Stalin when the ACTUAL 'Rogue Element' categorizes any criticism of them as that......So this site, Casebook, East End Conference, and at least 5 FB groups are only populated by haters and losers.....Only the pronouncements of the Prophet Cobb and his (couple of) acolytes are pure of dogma.....

Comment

• Post #267 Rob, I have no personal beef with you but you're extremely naive if you think that this is just a small group of people hellbent on revenge.

Take it from me, one of the plebian worker ants who watch and observe the discussions and the 'who can piss the highest' competitions of the big boys on the various forums and FB pages, you often have no idea of the situation on the ground. You only know what your own peer group discusses with you. This issue goes far deeper and is much more complex than plagiarism. It is also very far reaching.

You stated earlier in the thread that these discussions should be played out in private. It is therefore somewhat ironic that the majority of concerns raised about Mr Cobb are discussed in private, often by large groups of people, people you wouldn't know but who buy books, attend conferences and go on tours. Just because you see this thread and see people commenting who are know to have had a past history with Mr Cobb (myself included) never, ever think that concerns relating to the conduct of him are solely the domain of a few well known members of the Community.

Comment

• Robert is going to point out my mistakes?
                That will be a short conversation!
                If I see you there Robert I shall sign your copy if you like.

With regard to the Lechmere picture - no Ricky didn't ask for permission to use it. I wasn't aware it was in the book as I haven't seen it yet!

But as I said earlier in this thread (although it may have been deleted), I stopped worrying about the copying of that picture after Menges deliberately put the image up even after the circumstances around the picture had been explained to him, and the site concerned also refused to take it down despite their own protocol saying otherwise. That effectively gave the use of the picture 'official' approval in the so-called community and henceforth it was 'out there'.

As Robert says - few people are whiter than white. If I may use that expression.

Comment

• So all this time, the thread wasn't about attribution - it was about attruption.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                    So all this time, the thread wasn't about attribution - it was about attruption.
                    Thanks for that contruption, Robert.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                    (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
                      Robert is going to point out my mistakes?

With regard to the Lechmere picture - no Ricky didn't ask for permission to use it. I wasn't aware it was in the book as I haven't seen it yet!

But as I said earlier in this thread (although it may have been deleted), I stopped worrying about the copying of that picture after Menges deliberately put the image up even after the circumstances around the picture had been explained to him, and the site concerned also refused to take it down despite their own protocol saying otherwise. That effectively gave the use of the picture 'official' approval in the so-called community and henceforth it was 'out there'.

As Robert says - few people are whiter than white. If I may use that expression.
                      You never know, he may put you right on exactly where the Crosses lived in Pinchin Street. The house really was still there in 1889.

Comment

• It is interesting.....That Forums, Casebook, The East End Conference,and at least 5 FB groups are now a 'Rogue Element' of 'Haters and Losers' when it appears the hating and losing emanates from 'The other side' To quote Cromwell 'In the bowels of Christ, is it not possible you are mistaken?'

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzie Huntington View Post
                          Post #267 Rob, I have no personal beef with you but you're extremely naive if you think that this is just a small group of people hellbent on revenge.

Take it from me, one of the plebian worker ants who watch and observe the discussions and the 'who can piss the highest' competitions of the big boys on the various forums and FB pages, you often have no idea of the situation on the ground. You only know what your own peer group discusses with you. This issue goes far deeper and is much more complex than plagiarism. It is also very far reaching.

You stated earlier in the thread that these discussions should be played out in private. It is therefore somewhat ironic that the majority of concerns raised about Mr Cobb are discussed in private, often by large groups of people, people you wouldn't know but who buy books, attend conferences and go on tours. Just because you see this thread and see people commenting who are know to have had a past history with Mr Cobb (myself included) never, ever think that concerns relating to the conduct of him are solely the domain of a few well known members of the Community.
                          Oh, so there is a large group hell bent on revenge. Some people should get a life.
                          And I am hardly naïve. I have been around a lot longer than some of these people. I know and have met most of the people involved so I know exactly what they are like.
                          I remember the posts and messages "if you are friends with him, you can't be friends with us" the bullying etc. I've read the post where he has been accused of using peoples photos without permission. And these are from people who are quite happy to do it themselves. I made the suggestion "why don't you get a solicitor involved?" no response. Probably because it would open a few skeletons in their closet.
                          I was there when one of there group set up a memorial fund for one of the victims. After a few years nothing happened. The money had disappeared and there was silence. When there was mention of police involvement the person mysteriously turned up all apologetic as if anyone would believe that rubbish. Oh, that little group did and a donation was paid to a charity. He couldn't ask the people who donated to the memorial because he didn't know who they were. Disgraceful but he was taken back and spoke at the last conference.
                          I got castigated for daring to say that two respected authors just stole my images to use in a book. A few years back one of their group a tour guide accused a highly respected author of giving another author a photograph to use in a book which belonged to the tour guide. Guess what happened? the tour guide is part of the group so nothing was said. Hypocrites and double standards the lot of them.
                          I was there for all of this so don't call me naïve I know what these slimy toads are like, I was there you weren't. I suppose you are a member of the secret facebook group that was set up to verbally bash Ricky because none of them have the balls to say it to his face.
                          I know Ricky, I know exactly what he is like and I have told him he's an idiot. And the post Howard put up this morning from one of Rickys groups. Just stupid but I am not surprised he did it. And no I don't agree with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
                            Robert is going to point out my mistakes?
                            First couple of lines

Originally posted by Edward Stow View Post
                            As long as you use your real name.

oops.

I am surprised actually. I am sure he will buy you a bag of chips to make up for it.

No, that would be plagiarism.

Comment

• Oh, It's been said to his face....And I've been there. Took me some 18 months from 2015 to actually work out who the good guys were and that it wasn't just a 'spate'.....I'm more than happy with the company I keep......You have to make a stand somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                                I got castigated for daring to say that two respected authors just stole my images to use in a book.
                                Are you calling John and myself thieves?

Comment

Working...
                                X