Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was Jack The Ripper ? (H Division, 2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its weird....when the topic was plagiarism, there were the usual number if memvers and guests watching.

When its a catfight.....loads of members (24) and over 50 guests.

I wonder what that says about what really matters to people?

P

Comment

• Yes, nothing like 'Ripper Reality Knock-Out'....Hopefully, no further deflection

Comment

• Nothing is going to get cleared up here. That should be obvious to anyone. it's a personal vendetta against Ricky and nothing else.
        The matter of plagiarism is between the people involved and if they can't sort it out between themselves John and Paul can get there solicitors involved. But to expect it to be sorted out here is just plain stupid.

Comment

• No, it's not just between the people involved...It's unethical and perpetuates a fraud on those who might purchase the work.....And whilst it's a matter of perception, it is of course, at least feasible that any campaign might be justified by it's target's track record...If people don't act in certain ways, they won't develop an 'opposition' One man's 'Yeah, he's a twat who can be his own worst enemy' is another's unacceptable behaviour

Comment

• Innocent until proven guilty or is it mob law here?

Comment

• My opinion based on the facts of the case and 'previous'..If I'm proved to be wrong I would apologise whole-heartedly

Comment

• No matter what your views are about any of the individuals concerned, plagiarism is obviously wrong and damaging, and once published, becomes a readership/public concern.

There is an onus of responsibility on the author to ensure the work is true. Clearly this aspect has been disregarded, and to quote Oscar- “'To plagiarise one passage of text, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to plagiarise more looks like carelessness.”

Two writers have committed the same offence in one work. This draws suspicion on the book as a whole, which really must exasperate fellow authors who have worked in good faith.

And there we have it. Yet again others have been impacted by the incompetence of the individuals concerned, which seems to have been a trait over these past few years.

Monty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                  No matter what your views are about any of the individuals concerned, plagiarism is obviously wrong and damaging, and once published, becomes a readership/public concern.

There is an onus of responsibility on the author to ensure the work is true. Clearly this aspect has been disregarded, and to quote Oscar- “'To plagiarise one passage of text, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to plagiarise more looks like carelessness.”

Two writers have committed the same offence in one work. This draws suspicion on the book as a whole, which really must exasperate fellow authors who have worked in good faith.

And there we have it. Yet again others have been impacted by the incompetence of the individuals concerned, which seems to have been a trait over these past few years.

Monty.
                  Everything in a book is the responsibility of the author. Not only the the writing but the sourcing of images.

But to tar respected authors like Martin Fido, David Andersen, Bill Beadle, Bob Hinton, Mei Trow, Mick Priestley, Michael Hawley, Tracy I'anson, Katherine Ramsland, Steve Bloomer and Edward Stow who are all well known in the field and have had work their work published elsewhere, with the same brush is a bit low.

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                    Everything in a book is the responsibility of the author. Not only the the writing but the sourcing of images.

But to tar respected authors like Martin Fido, David Andersen, Bill Beadle, Bob Hinton, Mei Trow, Mick Priestley, Michael Hawley, Tracy I'anson, Katherine Ramsland, Steve Bloomer and Edward Stow who are all well known in the field and have had work their work published elsewhere, with the same brush is a bit low.

Rob
                    Who is tarring those authors? I only see Ricky and Keith’s names associated with plagiarism.

However, I will state, given Cobbs low reputation it does make one wonder why these authors would associate themselves with him. Therefore it’s natural to question given the fact plagiarism has occurred.

In short, what did they expect?

Monty

Monty

Comment

Who is tarring those authors? I only see Ricky and Keith’s names associated with plagiarism.
                      This comment.

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                      This draws suspicion on the book as a whole,.

Comment

This comment.
                        Note use of the word ‘book’, not ‘authors’.

Monty

Comment

Note use of the word ‘book’, not ‘authors’.

Monty
                          I noted that and noted the word 'whole'

Rob

Comment

I noted that and noted the word 'whole'

Rob
                            As a complete work, it should be.

Monty

Comment

As a complete work, it should be.

Monty
                              Completed by 'authors'

Comment

Completed by 'authors'
                                Who are responsible for their own individual entries.

Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X