• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob The Ripper (T. & N. I'anson)

New book announcement

JACOB THE RIPPER:
    THE CASE AGAINST JACOB LEVY
    By Neil and Tracy I’Anson

Pre-order now to receive a limited edition hardback copy, individually numbered and signed by the authors:

http://mangobooks.co.uk/book.php?b=53

When playing the game of Name the Ripper, many authors start with a suspect and attempt to make them fit the facts; some can't even be proved to be in London at the time of the murders.

What is required is an ordinary man local to the East End; a man who suffered mental illness, and was known to prowl the streets at night. A man with vast experience of wielding a knife in his place of work, and who had family ties to Wentworth Model Dwellings, where the only clue ever left by the killer - a bloodied portion of apron - was discovered. A man whose admission to a lunatic asylum coincided with the cessation of the Whitechapel murders.

A man like Jacob Levy.

Jacob Levy came to the attention of researchers Neil and Tracy I'Anson many years ago. Their continuing research has brought new evidence to light; sifting through hundreds, if not thousands, of pages of information from various research facilities they came across new undiscovered facts that strengthened their theory and helped piece together the life of Jacob Levy, including the startling fact that their suspect was a first cousin of Joseph Hyam Levy, the witness at Mitre Square who appeared to be shocked when spotting a man with a woman who was later identified as victim Catherine Eddowes; The Evening News reported that "Mr Levy is absolutely obstinate and refuses to give the slightest information and he leaves one to infer that he knows something but that he is afraid to be called on the inquest."

JACOB THE RIPPER goes some way to explaining the movements of the Whitechapel murderer, the graffiti at Goulston Street, the actions of the police, the ‘Lipski’ link, and ultimately what happened to the murderer.

To be published late July 2020.

Pre-order now to receive a limited edition hardback copy, individually numbered and signed by the authors:

http://mangobooks.co.uk/book.php?b=53
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

How much is it? Whenever I go to Mango's site it never gives the price.
    Thanks for your time,
    dusty miller

Comment

Hit the selector for your country of residence and it'll take you to a paypal page with a price inclusive of p+p - it doesn't commit you to buy...you can back off if you want...I'm in the UK and it came out at £23.50 all in...

Dave

(EDIT - just took a look at my Paypal receipt and it says £20.00 for the book and £3.50 p&p - bear in mind I'm in the UK)

Comment

Thanks for the tip, it's odd they just don't give a price, but I'm always going to buy this book anyway.
        Thanks for your time,
        dusty miller

Comment

Hi guys

Thanks for the interest. I'll be nice to be able to come back to the boards and discuss Jacob with all the information out there rather than not being able to defend my argument with "well I know why but I can't tell you"

Keep well/
          Tracy
          If you're going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.

Comment

Been looking forward to this one for a long time, Tracy! Good on you for getting it done and needless to say, all the best with it! Out of curiosity, do we know if there will be a Kindle / e-reader version coming available at some stage?

Cheers,
            Adam.

Comment

Hi Tracy (and Jimmy),

I very much enjoyed your Jacob Levy chapter in Pen & Sword's book "Who Was Jack the Ripper."

I'm looking forward very much to reading your new book. And say hi to Jimmy for me.

Comment

Anyone know how many pages the book has?

I mean, it's mango. I'm surely gonna be buying it. it's gonna be good I am sure. But just wondered?

Comment

I received an email from Adam saying the hardback copies would be posted tomorrow!

Comment

Thanks Chris......
                    To Join JTR Forums :
                    Contact [email protected]

Comment

[QUOTE=Adam Went;400291]Been looking forward to this one for a long time, Tracy! Good on you for getting it done and needless to say, all the best with it! Out of curiosity, do we know if there will be a Kindle / e-reader version coming available at some stage?

Hi Adam So sorry not to have answered sooner. Here's hoping it does well! A bit late in the day to answer but yes there's a kindle version available also.

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                      Hi Tracy (and Jimmy),

I very much enjoyed your Jacob Levy chapter in Pen & Sword's book "Who Was Jack the Ripper."

I'm looking forward very much to reading your new book. And say hi to Jimmy for me.

Hi Scott
                      Hope you're well?
                      Thanks for the kind words, hopefully the book will be as enjoyable! I'll give dad your best wishes, hopefully he'll join back on the boards himself.

Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
                      I received an email from Adam saying the hardback copies would be posted tomorrow!

Hi Chris

Hopefully you'll have received it by now. Hopefully you'll be pleased with how we used the information you kindy donated.

Tracy
                      If you're going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Ianson View Post
                        Hopefully you'll have received it by now. Hopefully you'll be pleased with how we used the information you kindy donated.

Tracy

It arrived today - thanks very much! I haven't had a chance to read much of it yet, but it looks very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonjelly View Post
                          Anyone know how many pages the book has?

I mean, it's mango. I'm surely gonna be buying it. it's gonna be good I am sure. But just wondered?
                          220 in the hardback...

Dave

Comment

Both the Kindle and paperback editions are available at Amazon now. There is a generous preview of the Kindle edition:
                            https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jacob-Rippe...dp/B08HHL27PV/
                            https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jacob-Rippe...dp/1911273930/

Comment

I bought the Kindle version today. Looking forward to reading it!

Comment

Working...
                              X