No announcement yet.

***Hargrave L. Adam On The Whitechapel Murders & Jack The Ripper***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years back I managed to pick up one of the actual newspapers, but the quality o the photos were worse than the ones I got from the microfilm at Colindale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	The People.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	553663

Comment

"EAT AND BE STRONG" and "MOTHER SEIGEL'S SYRUP" look interesting. Any chance you could transcribe those?

Comment

Trevor Marriott just sent this in....it may be found in the first post on the thread....
        My question is...is it possible that Halse had been following someone ( we know of the two fellows stopped by one of the City detectives or was it three ? ) as is suggested here in this excerpt ?
        Not that I'm suggesting lax behavior on Halse's part....maybe there was someone he followed and subsequently cleared....

To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          Trevor Marriott just sent this in....it may be found in the first post on the thread....
          My question is...is it possible that Halse had been following someone ( we know of the two fellows stopped by one of the City detectives or was it three ? ) as is suggested here in this excerpt ?
          Not that I'm suggesting lax behavior on Halse's part....maybe there was someone he followed and subsequently cleared....

The question is did this happen? and if it did Halses testimony leaves a lot to be desired because neither he nor the uniform officer who said he found the apron piece ever stated that they saw each other.in Goulston Street.

Comment

I read that as Halse getting "upon the track of the murderer" because he found the apron and graffito. I don't get the sense that Halse found the apron in the course of a deliberately-pursued lead.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
            (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              Halses testimony leaves a lot to be desired because neither he nor the uniform officer who said he found the apron piece ever stated that they saw each other in Goulston Street.
              Surely their not seeing one another wouldn't negate either man's testimony? Ships in the night... and a hectic night at that.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
              (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                I read that as Halse getting "upon the track of the murderer" because he found the apron and graffito. I don't get the sense that Halse found the apron in the course of a deliberately-pursued lead.
                Hi Gareth et al.

I believe you are correct, Gareth, that Halse was on the track of the murderer because he found the apron and graffito. Exactly right. Remember that Adam is telling the tale as if the reader doesn't know the full facts of the case, and so was explaining Halse's involvement.

Chris
                Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Working...
                X