This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Poster View Post
    From what I remember...he has a soft spot for Trev as Trev had a go at Caroline at some point.

Thats enoogh to get in Orsams good books.

Or maybe he is in awe of Trev as he was the only one (apparently) who had the gunption to stand up to him and point out his problematical research?

or maybe Trev is a die hard Spandau Ballet fan?

Who knows!!!

P
    Lord Orsam goes after Trevor too. hes an equal opportunity destroyer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caroline Brown View Post
      Well it hasn't been discussed for a while on the message boards, Chris, and I for one am in no great hurry to go back - unless of course I read of any evidence that finally identifies the hoaxer or hoaxers. That is all that really interests me these days, and I think it's a pity if others don't share that interest, but prefer to put their energies into attacking certain diary authors and researchers at every opportunity, which only serves to make it more difficult for people to sift through the dirt for any genuine nuggets of fresh insight or material. I can't see how that helps anyone's cause, unless it's chiefly to cause trouble.

As I said, I'd only want to read about his contributions if he was going to identify the hoaxer or hoaxers. I'm not sufficiently interested in his musings about the diary itself, or its content, if it involves wading through all the nastiness to find them. There's enough of that in the world already right now.

Well that's very noble of you, Chris, and you must be made of sterner stuff. But my need for new diary information coming from that particular source would have to be great indeed for me to put myself through it. He can criticise me, ridicule me, and drag me through the dirt to his little heart's content, while I'm not there to watch.

If others, like Trev, find it entertaining, they can fill their boots. But I'm really not that important.

Love,

Caz
      X
      "if he was going to id the hoaxers".
      he constantly ids the hoaxer/s , and proves its not written by maybrick, nor an old hoax. With stellar research, evidence and analysis.

and re the insults and personal attacks. he was a perfect gentleman until people started attacking him instead of debating the substance of his arguments, and backstabbing him, and personally insulting him. but i guess some people dont like when theyre mistakes are pointed out to them or lose the debate. he gives what he gets, and hes gotten alot since he jumped into the fray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
        Trevor, why do you feel the onus is on those being personally insulted to challenge their attacker? That?s feeding the troll.

Gary
        To my mind a troll is someone primarily motivated by the desire to annoy other people and disrupt online discussions.

David obviously isn't that. Clearly he has a genuine interest in this case - and has researched a number of other aspects of it as well as the Diary - and in other cases (such as the two he's written books about).

I just wish the personal stuff could be left out on both sides. Because there is personal stuff on both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
          To my mind a troll is someone primarily motivated by the desire to annoy other people and disrupt online discussions.

David obviously isn't that. Clearly he has a genuine interest in this case - and has researched a number of other aspects of it as well as the Diary - and in other cases (such as the two he's written books about).

I just wish the personal stuff could be left out on both sides. Because there is personal stuff on both sides.
          He obviously is though. If he was not, then the amount of text devoted to whatever his non-troll points are would not outweigh his trolling text.

He literally spends more time and energy in trolling than he does on making his points, whatever they are.

One can logically conclude....unless he suffers from some mental condition....that that which he expends most time and effort on is what drives him.

And he demonstrably spends most time and effort on trolling.

If he spent less time on it....he might actually come up with something new as opposed to semantic arguments that only serve to facilitate his tedious obsession with Caroline Brown.

Like he did with Spandau Ballet.

Ground breaking. Paradigm shifting. World changing.

A tome of unparalelled significance and import.

P

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Poster View Post
            He obviously is though.

As I said, I think the criteria have to be (1) whether someone has a genuine interest in the case and (2) how much research they have contributed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
              As I said, I think the criteria have to be (1) whether someone has a genuine interest in the case and (2) how much research they have contributed.
              No, the criterion is are they doggedly making personal attacks on others. Not just the occasional sarky remark, but structuring the entire article as put downs of other researchers. Look at the titles, for his sake!

How many of his articles do not slag off/belittle others?

Comment

• Apparently someone on here has put up a black propaganda mischief-making smear post...

Has anyone seen anything like that?

Comment

• OK - carry on as you were. I shouldn't try to comment on these matters.

Comment

• The thought that any comment you make on the boards is likely to be ripped apart by the ?gentleman? is enough to drive people away from the field.

I?m off to Innisfree...

Comment

No, the criterion is are they doggedly making personal attacks on others. Not just the occasional sarky remark, but structuring the entire article as put downs of other researchers. Look at the titles, for his sake!

How many of his articles do not slag off/belittle others?

Gary
                      Forget the personal attacks and snide remarks you keep referring to, these are overshadowing the results of his research where he sets out what he describes as false and misleading facts by those directly involved in the diary research.

If you or any other he cites in his research can prove him wrong this is the platform to do that,you either have to put up or shut up and stop all the constant whingeing.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                        Gary
                        Forget the personal attacks and snide remarks you keep referring to, these are overshadowing the results of his research where he sets out what he describes as false and misleading facts by those directly involved in the diary research.

If you or any other he cites in his research can prove him wrong this is the platform to do that,you either have to put up or shut up and stop all the constant whingeing.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        But I have put up. Not really about the diary very much apart from pointing out the mysterious omission from Orsam’s definitive ‘one-off’ research of the common use of the term ‘x-off’ in equestrian circles throughout the 19th century. Oh, and the ‘aunt’ nonsense.

Either you’re not paying attention or it is the lack of response from others you are whingeing about. If so, name and shame them or shut up. You’re beginning to sound like the kid in the playground egging others on to fight.

Incidentally, your response to my perfectly accurate assessment of how useful you were to HR and are being to Orsam was rather amusing. It seemed to displease you. If I’d couched it in Orsamese, I reckon you’d have been apoplectic.

Comment

But I have put up. Not really about the diary very much apart from pointing out the mysterious omission from Orsam?s definitive ?one-off? research of the common use of the term ?x-off? in equestrian circles throughout the 19th century. Oh, and the ?aunt? nonsense.

Either you?re not paying attention or it is the lack of response from others you are whingeing about. If so, name and shame them or shut up. You?re beginning to sound like the kid in the playground egging others on to fight.

Incidentally, your response to my perfectly accurate assessment of how useful you were to HR and are being to Orsam was rather amusing. It seemed to displease you. If I?d couched it in Orsamese, I reckon you?d have been apoplectic.
                          I am sure like many others all we seek is the truth have researchers been misleading the ripper community and the public at large or have they not.

Worry about yourself and your own position in all of this not anyone else. You have challeneged him but have you conclsuivley proved him wrong and you right?

And despite you objection to Orsams snide remarks here you are dishing out the same. You need to start taking your medication again in stronger doses

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Comment

• Long time lurker, first time poster here....

From this point on, please either debate the points David Orsem makes or doesn't make or let others do it without the egging on in one corner and retaliation in the other.

Thanks.
                            To Join JTR Forums :
                            Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                              I am sure like many others all we seek is the truth have researchers been misleading the ripper community and the public at large or have they not.

Worry about yourself and your own position in all of this not anyone else. You have challeneged him but have you conclsuivley proved him wrong and you right?

And despite you objection to Orsams snide remarks here you are dishing out the same. You need to start taking your medication again in stronger doses

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              Trev,

I’m primarily responding to your initial claim that no one has responded to anything Orsam has said. That’s just not true is it? Will you now retract that?

See how easy it is to wind people up? I just return your whingeing/putting up/shutting up words to you and you start suggesting I have mental health problems, requiring medication, at the same time criticising me for making snide remarks.

Perhaps you can give us a masterclass in how to put the troll in his place. You tell us you have done, but haven’t provided any detail. Where was his Tumblety research at fault? Did he admit his errors? How big were they?

Your vague mumbling about those who have mislead the ripper community sounds like you have certain individuals in mind. It sounds like you are stirring the pot because you have your own issues with those people. But for the sake of harmony within the ‘community’, let’s accept that your motives are as pure as you suggest - you are a high-minded seeker after truth rather than a stirrer.

So, what’s the truth about Orsam’s Tumblety clangers? You have a responsibility to the community to set the record straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                                Long time lurker, first time poster here....

From this point on, please either debate the points David Orsem makes or doesn't make or let others do it without the egging on in one corner and retaliation in the other.

Thanks.
                                Sorry, How. My last post crossed with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X