Your Most Recent Ripper Article : Your Views- 2/18/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Most Recent Ripper Article : Your Views- 2/18/2011

Thread for discussing the most recent Ripper related article found in any one of the four magazines ( Ripperologist,Examiner, WSJournal, or Ripperana) still in publication.

Me ? I took the latest issue of the WS1888 Journal to work on Monday and read the article ( actually, its one article within a series ) on H.H. Holmes, who a Pennsylvania gentleman named Mark Potts suggests was the Ripper.

I suppose my views on the article could be summed up by mentioning a line or two from within the article where Mr. Potts suggests Benjamin Pitezel ( a victim, as were his children, of Holmes) may have been our friend Pipeman from Berner Street to Holmes' "Broad Shoulders Man".
    Holmes, in the article, is claimed to have had a "small gang" and was, in the words of Mr. Potts, a Professor Moriarty of crime. This gang that Mr. Potts refers to was, in all likelihood, the three separate groups of people (nearly all children) Holmes shuttled back and forth...not a gang. This is mentioned on page 349 of the Devil In The White City by Eric Larson.

I've yet to read anything which suggests Holmes had a gang. His one associate, the aforementioned murder victim, "Pipeman" Pitezel, was the lone adult cohort I'm aware of....
    Bottom line, no one yet has been able to show that Holmes was in London during 1888. Nothing in the book by Mr. Larson suggests that he ever did.

Mr. Potts brings up a subject near and dear to me, that of the Goulston Street Graffiti.
    He states that "There are other ways of looking at the word Juwes that was written on the wall....but in reality he ( The Ripper or Holmes) meant Luwes." and then Mr. Potts says, "that there really was a word for Jew ( in the Jewish Encylopedia, of which Mr. Potts provides a link), Luw".

Luw ,however is not a term or word for Jew,Jews, or anything remotely close to describing Jewish individuals. Luw, or לוא in Hebrew, is commonly used in phrases such as "if only!, oh that!, would that! A cursory glance into any Jewish encyclopedia will explain this.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

My most recent Ripper article isn't worth sh*t, according to numerous sources, including my own family.

Comment

Originally posted by admin tim View Post
      My most recent Ripper article isn't worth sh*t, according to numerous sources, including my own family.
      Hi Tim

It went straight to the crapper in this household.

Chris
      Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
      https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
      Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Working...
      X